• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Roughing it in Maine...sorry no NCX pix

silverhound

Reaction score
Visit site
As you may or may not know, my wife rides the NCX but during the last week I was on a "boys only trip" to Maine so there are no NCX pictures here. Just my FJR and two of my Harley riding buds. Thought I'd share but if the absence of any NCX pix violate the forum please feel free to delete my post.

So I left last Friday the 22nd and headed the two hours to my buddy Dave's house in NY. Saturday he, another friend Joe and I mounted up and pointed the bikes towards Maine.

Getting ready to leave around 9am...
3dudes1_zpse3011869.jpg

We took a direct highway route until the northeast corner of Massachusetts and then headed up the New Hampshire Coast. Just about all 11 miles of it. Here we are near Seabrook NH. Notice the Seabrook nuclear power plant in the distance.
3dudes_zpsd37f1589.jpg

Finally made it to the crappy house we rented at around 5.
photo2_zpsa1425071.jpg

Was greeted by this from the owners. Bought some provisions the next day and went for a short ride to check out the area. Had a celebratory toast and managed a basic New England meal with what we could scavenge locally.

photo_zps4e6fa2b7.jpg

Toast_zps3245cde6.jpg

photo1_zps4d77c61a.jpg

Ventured into NH to visit Laconia, Lake Winnipesaukee and Mt. Washington. Mt. Washington was a hoot. The Auto Road winds 8 miles to the summit.

Temp and elevation at the bottom of Mt. Washington (actually in Conway NH). It was a little warm that day. 90 degrees.
photo3_zps0d30f161.jpg

The little warning sign at the base.
MtWashingtonsign_zpsb0e6f1ac.jpg

Here's some views going up
Clouds_zps9d38a22e.jpg

view_zpseca0b0ce.jpg

view2_zps59ed8c1a.jpg

We were in the clouds at the top. That's me on the FJR looking for a place to park.
Meinfog_zpsd292a42f.jpg

Temp and elevation at the top. 61 degrees felt a little chilly
photo4_zps3509fdce.jpg

Rode the Coast of Maine from Kennebunkport up to Bar Harbor on different days.
coast3_zps654f4b4b.jpg

coast4_zpsdd295a30.jpg

coast1_zpsf2ef1e12.jpg

coast2_zps46c01bde.jpg

Enjoyed some more seafood at this little place. From the sea to the table...doesn't get much fresher than that.
photo5_zpsdca87186.jpg

Left yesterday at 9:30am and was home back in PA at around 7pm. Long ride home skirting holiday traffic but made it.

Last edited:
Nice trip. I made it to the top of Mt Washington in a rental car a few years ago. I would love to do it on a bike.

Wow! Thanks! This is one big beautiful planet!
I think aside from just experiencing riding, experiencing this creation is the best thing.
I could wax eloquently about the birth of your first child or your first real kiss (if I could wax eloquently) but we're talking about riding here!

Back