• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My two new rides

Blackrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry guys but an NC700x in my color was not available so these are my
two new toys. The G650GS is insanely fast.

2009 BMW G650GS (Only 880 miles on it)

2014 Ninja 300 Special Edition with ABS

Nice looking bikes. Congrats

Thanks! The BMW is on loan, with dealer tags, for the weekend to see if I like it.

I will surely miss the frunk and the NC700x. Maybe they will bring the NC750x over
here at some point. I will actually have to buy a top case for the BMW.

I got to ask,what is the seat like on the BMW?looks like a slope.what color of nc did u want?could have painted or traded plastics.anyway keep us updated on how you like your new toys.I like the bmw

I like the look of that BMW. What is that tiny rear fender for? The only thing I can think of is that it scrapes big chunks of mud off the rear tire so the don't hit you in the back.

yeah, the bmw650/700gs would of been my second choice if it were not the HONDA NC700X.
1. love the frunk
2. love the dct
3. Easy to ride

that tiny rear fender is for rain/mud not streaking your back when you ride.

I've seen a KTM with a similar "bumper/fender", it's even lower on the wheel and looks kind of strange.

I got to ask,what is the seat like on the BMW?looks like a slope.what color of nc did u want?could have painted or traded plastics.anyway keep us updated on how you like your new toys.I like the bmw

The seat on the BMW is comfy but does slope down. I wanted a silver NC700x.

I wanted a silver NC700x.

How could you not find one? They are over the place and if your dealer didn't have one they surely just needed to get one from a dealer who does. Around here in Minnesota I know of brand new '12's still sitting in dealerships......

Cool bikes and great choices but don't use the excuse "my color was not available" as the reason you went elsewhere.

Mike

How could you not find one? They are over the place and if your dealer didn't have one they surely just needed to get one from a dealer who does. Around here in Minnesota I know of brand new '12's still sitting in dealerships......

Cool bikes and great choices but don't use the excuse "my color was not available" as the reason you went elsewhere.

Mike

I guess I made the mistake of taking the BMW for a test ride. :eek:

The BMW is insanely fast? It has 42hp and only 37 ft/lb of torque. Your giving up the front trunk and Honda quality for a paint shaker single and BMW budget bike that comes with expensive future repairs.

Nice bike though.

I guess I made the mistake of taking the BMW for a test ride. :eek:

You don't need to justify your choices. I could care less what someone chooses to ride. Your riding. That's all there is to it. If you end up with both bikes I think that is awesome. I wish I had two.

The BMW is insanely fast? It has 42hp and only 37 ft/lb of torque. Your giving up the front trunk and Honda quality for a paint shaker single and BMW budget bike that comes with expensive future repairs.

Nice bike though.

I think more like 50 HP and 44 ft/lb. of torque from what the manual says. It has better passing speed than the NC700x.
It feels slightly faster. Also no short rev limiter to annoy me.

Yes, I am giving up the frunk. What expensive future repairs am I getting into? Many around here run them and I have
heard people run them to high mileage with little problems.

Last edited:
I think more like 50 HP and 44 ft/lb. of torque from what the manual says. It has better passing speed than the NC700x.
It feels slightly faster. Also no short rev limiter to annoy me.

Yes, I am giving up the frunk. What expensive future repairs am I getting into? Many around here run them and I have
heard people run them to high mileage with little problems.
Life is one long lesson to learn. Ride what you enjoy and be open to learning along the way.

I traded in my 2009 bmw g650gs for the nc700x., but I had 36,000 miles on mine-got tired of listening to a single. yes, it does have a 1000rpm higher rev limiter but fyi, anything above 2nd gear runs 1000rpms higher than the nc700x, so it is a wash; 4000rpms on the Honda in 6th gear=75mph-on the g650gs, 75mph is somewhere between 5500 and 6000rpms in 5th gear-there is no 6th gear= I hit the rev limiter once on the bmw (80mph in 4th) and have not hit the rev limiter on the honda. To me, both bikes have the same top end, but I think the Honda is faster off the line and accelerates from 70-90mph faster. my g650gs was also black.
Just some hints with the g650gs, with oil changes-all that front plastic has to come off-unless you find a way to siphon the oil out of the oil cooler. all the plastic has to come off for valve checks-every 6000 miles-and bucket/shims and the shims are $$$. In my opinion, the seat on the bmw was even worse than the Honda-more slant but corbin makes a great seat for the bmw-and the seat isn't bolted on-there is a latch under the small rear storage compartment. note-the bmw does not like creek crossings with tourance tires.
good luck with the bmw and hope you have tons of fun.

I traded in my 2009 bmw g650gs for the nc700x., but I had 36,000 miles on mine-got tired of listening to a single. yes, it does have a 1000rpm higher rev limiter but fyi, anything above 2nd gear runs 1000rpms higher than the nc700x, so it is a wash; 4000rpms on the Honda in 6th gear=75mph-on the g650gs, 75mph is somewhere between 5500 and 6000rpms in 5th gear-there is no 6th gear= I hit the rev limiter once on the bmw (80mph in 4th) and have not hit the rev limiter on the honda. To me, both bikes have the same top end, but I think the Honda is faster off the line and accelerates from 70-90mph faster. my g650gs was also black.
Just some hints with the g650gs, with oil changes-all that front plastic has to come off-unless you find a way to siphon the oil out of the oil cooler. all the plastic has to come off for valve checks-every 6000 miles-and bucket/shims and the shims are $$$. In my opinion, the seat on the bmw was even worse than the Honda-more slant but corbin makes a great seat for the bmw-and the seat isn't bolted on-there is a latch under the small rear storage compartment. note-the bmw does not like creek crossings with tourance tires.
good luck with the bmw and hope you have tons of fun.
Now that is an informative post. Unlike anything I could have added.

I was also going to say a paint job would fix the "problem". But then, I'm a painter...

Back