• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ninja 300 impulse buy

Blackrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Tired of waiting for Rider Insurance to get back to me about my
bike. So went and got a Ninja 300. Maybe not a good choice. I
miss my NC700x but needed something to get around.

The Ninja does have a lot less win buffeting when riding highway.
Other than that it is a different, smaller type of bike.

I think the riding position is hurting my lower back so I may be
just trading it in at some point. Thinking of going with the BMW
650GS but then I lose the handy frunk. Reason being is that the
dealer only has 2014 NC's in and only one in black and one in red.
I want the silver like I had before.

Last edited:
I'm considering a Kaw 300 v. CBR500R to add to the stable. would be interested in your impression after you put some miles on. Good luck with this and future bikes!!

You don't like the black. Ahhh. I'd buy that color in a heartbeat. I like the silver too so I understand. You've gotta do what you've gotta do. If you couldn't wait we all understand. I'd go nuts not being able to ride everyday. My jeep gets severely neglected so I understand your not wanting to wait. I think you'll miss the storage the most. I'm sure that little 300 gets pretty good fuel economy so that will be kind of a wash. Your riding, that's what matters.

It's not too bad. More bent over riding position. Of course a bit less power
than the NC700. But adequate for the highway.

Up in 5th and 6th gear it has some good quick speed.

By the way, just got the call that my NC700x is totaled. Needs a whole new
front end.

I came from a CBR250r and I miss it ALOT !!! My favorite bike I ever owned. That being said ..... the Ninja300 is really nice too. I really like the "moondust" color (like your pic). Everytime I am at a motorcycle show or dealer I always look at the Ninja 300's.....something just draws me to them !!! LOL

The riding position was really good (for me) on the CBR250r. I never had butt or back aches from riding her (and I am in my mid40's LOL).The longest I rode on a trip once was 10 hrs in the saddle ...no sore rump OR back !!! I put a "ventrua luggage system" on her and I was set for travelling.....I like I said I really miss my CBR250r !!

If I was to get another bike (in an ideal world I would have at least 3-4 bikes !! LOL) both bikes (a CBR500r or Ninja 300) would definitely being in the running !!! I rode a CBR500r last year at "Honda Ride Days" and really like how close it was to "feel" of my CBR250r. But with twice the motor. $ for Value ???? I think the Honda would win. Up here in Canada the Ninja300 VS. CBR500r or pretty close to the same money (even used) so I think the CBR500r would be the bike !!!! Plus I am a Honda man !!! I had a Kawasaki ONCE (last year- a KLR) ....sold it to buy my NC700X....would I switch to Kawy again ??????? Hmmmmm :confused: LOL

I came from a CBR250r and I miss it ALOT !!! My favorite bike I ever owned. That being said ..... the Ninja300 is really nice too. I really like the "moondust" color (like your pic). Everytime I am at a motorcycle show or dealer I always look at the Ninja 300's.....something just draws me to them !!! LOL

The riding position was really good (for me) on the CBR250r. I never had butt or back aches from riding her (and I am in my mid40's LOL).The longest I rode on a trip once was 10 hrs in the saddle ...no sore rump OR back !!! I put a "ventrua luggage system" on her and I was set for travelling.....I like I said I really miss my CBR250r !!

If I was to get another bike (in an ideal world I would have at least 3-4 bikes !! LOL) both bikes (a CBR500r or Ninja 300) would definitely being in the running !!! I rode a CBR500r last year at "Honda Ride Days" and really like how close it was to "feel" of my CBR250r. But with twice the motor. $ for Value ???? I think the Honda would win. Up here in Canada the Ninja300 VS. CBR500r or pretty close to the same money (even used) so I think the CBR500r would be the bike !!!! Plus I am a Honda man !!! I had a Kawasaki ONCE (last year- a KLR) ....sold it to buy my NC700X....would I switch to Kawy again ??????? Hmmmmm :confused: LOL

One thing I noticed is that you can really feel the twin engine on the Ninja 300 humming away.
The bike sways back and forth gently when idling. It's kind of neat. I think you'd like the Ninja
but wait for the CBR300 to come out and give that a try.

the uniqueness of the NC700 is the trunk and mpg, but many bike in the 650-700cc class can achieve 70 mpg too if you shift them like the NC shifts. at low RPM.

so if u were willing to give up the trunk, i think a really nice bike with great riding position is the FZ07 yamaha, my brother has one. very fun bike. for 7k. but no ABS, no trunk and 70 mpg is possible with it

Last edited:
I'm considering a Kaw 300 v. CBR500R to add to the stable. would be interested in your impression after you put some miles on. Good luck with this and future bikes!!

I've got a 300 Ninja and I have to say, its one of the most fun motorcycles I've ever owned. Very light and quick! Can be reved to the moon once you break it in. Riding position is pretty confortable compared to harder edged sport bikes.........seat is NOT confortable for any length of time but there are options to make that better.

Back