• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Test rides

iBob

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,
I test rode the NC750x manual on Wednesday last and if I'm being honest I wasn't impressed.
Let me explain where I'm coming from :rolleyes:

I ride a Honda SH300i Maxi Scoot with a windshield the size of a Barn Door on steroids. The wind protection on the 750x is laughable in comparison, but obviously you can't compare the scoot to the bike, they're different beasts. The blast hitting my chest and head (ears still ringing!) was unbearable. Does Honda know what a wind tunnel looks like? I know I can go out and buy a larger screen and if an DCT X comes up (3 month delay - well done Honda! Tits!!) that will be the first thing I splash the cash on...but, why should I? The bloody screen should offer at least 70% protection from standard!! Grrrrrr. Calm down, Bob... focus.

The rigmarole of going up and down the gears in crawling traffic got right on my tits! It's official, I am a soft lad who likes a auto gearbox, especially as I do 80% of my riding in an urban cesspit - London, to you and I :rolleyes:

The upshot. I won't be buying the manual version of the 750x...NEVER!!!

Test ride two: Thursday. Honda 750 Integra Scoot/Bike/Armchair

Took the Integra for a spin and loved the DCT gearbox. Being able to change gear like an F1 pro was great fun. Better blast protection, although a new barn door would be fitted should I part with nearly 8k of hard earned £. Not sure if I like the easy rider feet up seating arrangement, but, in time I could be swayed. I did notice my right foot going slightly numb from the vibration transmitted through the footboard.
Overall I must say I liked the Integra. Speedy, well behaved and good protection from the elements... but it did get me to thinking...

I think the DCT version of the 750x with the mother of all screens fitted, would offer me a better overall experience.
The jury is out for now... I will give it some more thought before I empty my bank account.

Cheers,
iBob :)

It's good you're taking your time and assessing each bike. You don't want buyers remorse on this big a purchase. I feel you on the scooter comparison. I came off a Burgman 400 with a Givi screen on it and it did take some getting used to the NC.
I have the Puig touring screen with the Puig adjustable visor on my NC. It does a very good job for me. I think the Madstad (I've seen fuzzy's) would do a better job.
BTW- ear plugs are your friend.

That's why they make different bikes. Some like them windy, some not. Some like to shift the gears, some don't. Some like feet forward, some like feet under. Hope you find what you like.

Last edited:
As of right now there is not anything you like about the NC. Maybe you should fine something you like before you make reports on a bike you may not buy.

Just goes to show you. Different strokes for different folks. I think the screen is just fine. It's mostly decoration. The stock screen and huge givi winter screen on my wife's burgman 400 just sends the wind right into my helmet. BTW, how does the wind make your ears ring? Don't you wear a helmet?

You're right, I don't care much for the manual NC with a small screen. That's not to say I won't like the NC with DCT gearbox as I know through riding the Integra that chances are I will love it, but as I mentioned in my first post I will need to install a larger screen.

I ride with a helmet on, but I doubt it would of made a difference as the noise coming into my lid was similar to sticking my head near a turbine on overdrive :p

Lastly and most fortunately, I like to think I live in a democracy (well, whats left of one) where saying or writing what one feels is allowed. Whether people agree with it is another matter, but surely I have every right to express (perhaps naively) my first impressions, good or ill.

Cheers,
Bob

I agree with the right to speak your mind. The forum is directed at those that actually have decided to buy an nc or do own one. It seems to me from your post you have only found reasons not to buy one. At this point you are giving it more thought. If you find you don't like the DCT either. There is no point in your posts. I can go to numerous threads at ADV to read why people would not buy one. I come to this forum to learn from others experience owning this bike. I am afraid that you have nothing of value to share. If you did, I guess I would just have to sell my manual NC700X.

That is free speech sharing my thoughts.

...and I agree with you.
Looking forward to test riding the DCT NC.

Cheers,
Bob

What kind of earplug do you guys wear? I'm thinking of having ones made to fit, preferably with audio capabilities.

Cheers,
Bob

What kind of earplug do you guys wear? I'm thinking of having ones made to fit, preferably with audio capabilities.

Cheers,
Bob

My employer keeps multiple styles available because what's important is what fits YOUR EAR COMFORTABLY. Custom plugs are the best. Audio custom plugs are a bit pricey but reportedly work well.

For me the basic foam work best. They expand to fit shape of ear and nothing sticks out to get dislodged potion on helmet.

Any plug must be properly installed for full effectiveness. Reach over top of head with opposite hand to lift on top of ear to best align canal for good fit.

The standard foam plugs work well for me too. They are usually rated a 29NR (NR= noise reduction). I had some that were rated at 32NR but couldn't get them to go in the ear.
I met a guy up in North Carolina that had some custom ones made. I think he said they were around $90.

Back