• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X DCT shifting computer

jangermann

Reaction score
Visit site
Cant let go of the thought that It would be soooo nice if it was possible to change the program in the DCT.
With gentle driving it shift to 6 gear at 65kmt, I would program it to 75kmt.
Yes I know its a low rev engine and all that.... but it would still be nice ;-)

Any one know how to do that?

Mine is in S all the time...when i want it to shift up, I just touch the button with my left forefinger! Works a treat

Mine is in S all the time...when i want it to shift up, I just touch the button with my left forefinger! Works a treat

Are you always able to shift up in S mode? I feel that it should be above a certain point of RPM's before it will shift. I now It will not allow that you lug the engine, but it should be a great deal above that point before shift is "allowed"??

I know this defeats the object of DCT, but I find that I use manual mode around town. D mode is too low and S mode is too high for revs around town for my personal taste. Once out on the open roads then D mode comes into its own.

I shouldn't be the one to comment since I don't own a DCT, but I have test ridden the 700 four times. I hate to make it more complex, but I think it needs a mode between D&S. I found eventually during the ride I would just start using manual mode full time because I disliked the choices the computer made. So yes, having it programmable, perhaps a D, an S, and a third user selectable mode preset on a 1-10 scale of aggressiveness.

Last edited:
Are you always able to shift up in S mode? I feel that it should be above a certain point of RPM's before it will shift. I now It will not allow that you lug the engine, but it should be a great deal above that point before shift is "allowed"??

S mode will not let you manually upshift to less than 3000 rpm. ⛅

Back