• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My first attempt at a video. Starring Mrs. Silverhound on her NCXD

silverhound

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a little video I put together of a ride we went on yesterday. First time using the GoPro camera and video editing software. I learned the windshield on my FJR was not the best choice for mounting. Too wobbly in the wind. Anyhow enjoy...

[video=youtube_share;NKygK9GrA1Y]http://youtu.be/NKygK9GrA1Y[/video]

Last edited:
Very good first video. In all my years of riding I have yet to figure out a way not to get stung by bees! I feel the same way about bees as Phil Robertson on Duck Commanders feels about beavers! To quote Yosemite Sam - "Bees are shark-livered varmints" to us motorcycle riders!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Great video.

When you have been married a little longer you will learn not to correct her.

Perhaps, but if I haven't figured that out yet after 21 years it may just be that I have a learning disability or I enjoy the abuse. I expect she won't be overjoyed with the video. I probably should have asked for her permission to post it.

Enjoyed the Vid. Good on Mrs S. I thought we Irish were the only ones who ignore closed road signs. Delighted to see we are not. We always ignore them as a matter of course, and when we arrive at the closure we either try to ride around it if nobody is there, or try to talk the folks repairing the road into letting us pass. We usually have a 50-75% success rate at either !

Nice first time with GoPro and the editing stuff. You now know approx. 30,000,001% more than I do about it.

I'm still looking for 35mm film in the store.

Nicely done Silverhound! I like to try and use different angles during the ride. Not always possible though. I also find that adding the right music to add to my videos is the hardest part.
I look forward to seeing more videos from your rides in the future.

I like the garage door opener idea. I've found mine clips on the mirror post perfectly. It stays there unless I know it is goping to rain or I leave the bike for a long period of time.

I like the garage door opener idea. I've found mine clips on the mirror post perfectly. It stays there unless I know it is goping to rain or I leave the bike for a long period of time.

LOL, Yeah...your method would have worked just fine but I decided to go for a far more complicated route during a bout of farkling frenzy. I hardwired a mini-12V opener into the bike power and gave her a momentary switch at the handlebar tree. I had done the same to my bike so I felt it was only fair to give her some of the same conveniences.

Garage door opener switch mount

photo2_zps97a3c183.jpg

Nice video and nice to see your wife rides very well ... you did not tell us you told her to go down the "closed" road or was that a technical oversight...just kidding nice video ... if I can just come up with $ for one think I'll do it. Did the editing software come with the GoPro?

Nice video and nice to see your wife rides very well ... you did not tell us you told her to go down the "closed" road or was that a technical oversight...just kidding nice video ... if I can just come up with $ for one think I'll do it. Did the editing software come with the GoPro?

So supposedly there was a covered bridge down that road that she "just had to see". We were actually talking to each other the whole time but it didn't matter that there were multiple closed road signs or that I suggested to her (several times) that it was probably the covered bridge they were working on. She was determined.

I actually used the free editing software that came with Windows 7 which is Windows Live Movie Maker but GoPro does have free editing software on their website too that you can download. I downloaded it and played with it a bit but found the Windows program easier to use although I admit I didn't read the instructions or watch the tutorials for the GoPro application so it may be just as easy, just a totally different GUI.

I expect she won't be overjoyed with the video. I probably should have asked for her permission to post it.

Tell her she is the star of a very entertaining video that is popular among fellow NC enthusiasts :D

BTW you forgot the last part of the credit roll... No NC (or Bill) was harmed in the making of this video ;)

Back