• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What size is our chain??

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
With the safety recall (or whatever it's called) on the chain (and yes, I am one of the unfortunate RK/RK owners) I got me to wondering...what size is our chain?

Although I have a replacement on the way, out of curiosity I looked into aftermarket chains and have no idea what to look for as far as sizing. Anyone know? :confused:

It is a 520 o-ring chain, 114 links for the NC700X and NC700XA (ABS). 112 links for the DCT model

That is ALSO correct.

Looking up the parts lists, they only show TWO part numbers for the chain. One for the DID and one for the RK. Strange that the third one is not on there unless they don't differentiate between where it's made (for the RK chain).

I'm kind of torn between waiting for my replacement chain and just buying a nice high quality aftermarket chain and doing it myself since my plans for a weekend ride are in jeopardy if my chain doesn't come in before Friday (and then I have to get in to have it swapped).

Last edited:
114 links is the cam chain

Right, but also the manual trans model is 16T front sprocket, 43T rear sprocket, 114 link DID520V520 or RK520MKO chain.

The DCT model has: 16T front sprocket, 39T rear sprocket, and a 112 link DID520V520 or RK520MKO chain.

:)

Back