• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mileage trip computer fault.

damon

Reaction score
Visit site
After about 2k miles i found my A+B trip computer keeps loosing it's memory. For example i do 100 miles from trip 0 and when i start up the bike the next day it reads 80 etc.
Booked it into my Honda main dealer, but they say it's a known fault and Honda is working on a fix. Something about a voltage drop affecting the readings.

Anyone else have this fault? it has been a few weeks now and i wonder how long these known faults will take to fix?

Safe riding

Voltage drop seems kind of weird explanation. I took my battery out and put it back in and all was the same. I figure there's a lithuim "memory" battery in it to keep from losing stored info. If it was voltage thing, I would think you'd lose all memory not a change stored memory.

After about 2k miles i found my A+B trip computer keeps loosing it's memory. For example i do 100 miles from trip 0 and when i start up the bike the next day it reads 80 etc.
Booked it into my Honda main dealer, but they say it's a known fault and Honda is working on a fix. Something about a voltage drop affecting the readings.

Anyone else have this fault? it has been a few weeks now and i wonder how long these known faults will take to fix?

Safe riding

Welcome to the forum Damon

The good news is you are not alone, many of the 2014 700 and 750 owners are reporting this trip reset problem. The bad news, is there have been no confirmed reports of a fix yet, that I'm aware of.

There are several threads discussing the 2014 instrument panel issue you describe. This is the first I have seen that Honda admitted it is a known issue or that there is a voltage drop causing it.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Can someone more tech savvy then me post a link to the other threads for Damon, it'll bring him up to speed on the situation so far. The search facility on this forum sucks, well it does when I try to use it anyway.

Oh and btw, welcome along Damon. :)

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I will be ringing up the main dealer today asking for an update, and also i am going to try and haggle a discount on some new tyres due to the original Dunlops wearing down ultra fast (another thread).

Will post the feedback later.

Phoned Honda and no update to the trip issue which is very annoying. I do the same journey day in day out so i can get by. But if you were planning a ride out it would be a pain in the arse.
They did however offer me a discount on some Michelin RP2'S and only charge me the labour for fitting 1 tyre. Even with this discount it is still cheaper for me to order the tyre myself and get it fitted at my local garage for £30 labour..which i guess is reasonable.
I will look a right plonker wearing the new trye around my waist whilst riding to the garage..best cut down on dougnuts..:p

I have this trip mileage problem with my NC750X. Had a word with my dealer and they have got onto Honda who said that they are working on a warrantee fix. I am not holding my breath Like Damon I do the same journey each day during the week and so know what it should read each day. From what I can see it is losing the update and when I switch back on it goes back to the reading that it had at the beginning of the previous journey. behaves itself now and again but it is not reliable.

I have recently seen my Average MPG jump up and down also now by pretty big margins (+ or - 15-20mpg) I will be taking it in for its 8k service around December and will insist they have a look at it.

If you have a UK/Euro 2014 NC and the trips are randomly resetting I bet your HISS indicator light is turned off.

Turn it on and the reset problem is solved.

FWIW, my 2012 NC began having this issue about a month ago. Both A and B trips were either randomly resetting and/or would jump to a lesser number (i.e. I'd be at 146 then all of the sudden it's 125). I removed the instrument cluster from the bike and realized that there was something rattling around inside. After disassembling, I discovered one of the screws had come out and was the object that was loose. After securing the screw back in it's spot, I am now over 500 miles without the issue repeating itself (before I couldn't go 1 tank without a random reset or funky behavior). Not sure if this is at all related to the issues being reported with the 2014 models but thought I'd share. Good luck.

Back