• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Test Rode a Zero SR- electric motorcycle.

mreric

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I found it really fun to ride, handle great, better suspension than the NC700, quicker too,

instant torque.

and it has a frunk!!! just like the NC- not as big as the NC, but at least it has storage. top case and side case are avail too.

I think if it was in the NC price range i would have gotten that.

because it is Electric- there is no maint- just tires and brakes- belt driven - no lube or adjusting needed, no valves, no spark, no oil, no gas. no filter. - save some time in the long run.

of course, you cannot take on long distances, but it would have work for me, my commute is only 50 miles per day.

Last edited:
I have riden a Zero motorcycle also...pure torque, instant power at all 'revs'. TOO QUIET. If you think people don't notice you on your bike now, just think if it was completely silent...only sound you make is the tires on the pavement. Great for urban commutes. However, I can buy a lot of gas for the extra $10K I saved buying an NC (starting price on an SR is $17,000).

Looks pretty good. Still, not practical in this country.

It's just too big (the country, that is) -at least in the south where the metropolitan areas a few.

It was the main competition when I was looking at the nc.

While no maintenance would be nice, enough extra cash to go 100,000 miles (gas and maintenance) seemed like a better deal... at least for the first 100k.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

regarding instant torque. in russia back in a day they use trolleys in most of big cities. that thing easily outrun any car on the road(even when full with passengers). :)
to top it off-it wasn't uncommon for them to RACE on street. one against another (on same electric line). the point of the race is to get the poles off the line on front trolley(many times they race when both filled with the passengers) ;)

if that wasn't enough-image all above,but in -30F on ice:)

ZiU-9_trolley_nn.jpg

Love the fact that it makes no noise. I just wish it was price competitive.

The range and the sticker shock is what got me. I was thinking about getting one before I got the NC. But I've got a 100mile round trip commute. Which is cutting it too close to the range of those bikes for me, if I encounter a windy day (which is most days) plus my added weight of about 250lbs. I'm not very confident the lower priced model would get me to and from work with out having to charge at work. Plus not sure if I could charge it at my work place. When I move closer to my work place in a couple years like we are planning I may get one then, still keeping the NC of course for adventures. The Zero would be strictly for commuting.

as much as i love it, i dont think am willing to pay $15k for a toy. is just way too much, i hope battery tech in the next 5 years can bring it down to 7-8k. while at the same time increasing range and reducing charging time. hope they add ABS brakes to it.

So my understanding is that the Zero comes with a Sport and economy mode.

I would propose they would do well to add one more option. Rascal.
In this mode the bike would behave as though it were a Rascal mobility scooter, since it's electric no one should have any issue with it tooling around inside a large corporate office building, walmart, or grocery store. At least not any more than we have issues with people who are using their rascals there already. Sure you might need to get handicap plates (do they make them for motorcycles?) to really get away with it, but how awesome would it be to get to work and instead of parking the bike simply hit the handicap button for the doors and ride right in, ride right up to my cubical and park there.

Even if the idea didn't catch on, it'd be worth the signage that would pop up every where stating motorcycles not allowed in the building.

So my understanding is that the Zero comes with a Sport and economy mode.

I would propose they would do well to add one more option. Rascal.
In this mode the bike would behave as though it were a Rascal mobility scooter, since it's electric no one should have any issue with it tooling around inside a large corporate office building, walmart, or grocery store. At least not any more than we have issues with people who are using their rascals there already. Sure you might need to get handicap plates (do they make them for motorcycles?) to really get away with it, but how awesome would it be to get to work and instead of parking the bike simply hit the handicap button for the doors and ride right in, ride right up to my cubical and park there.

Even if the idea didn't catch on, it'd be worth the signage that would pop up every where stating motorcycles not allowed in the building.

beside the sport mode and eco mode, it has a custom mode that can be control/adjusted by the user on the iphone/android app.

i did not have a chance to play with it, so i do not know the capability of such app

I almost bought one. Would have spent the money but I need at least range to get 150-170 miles on the HW before a charge (to nearest city and back). So I'll wait a couple years and buy one.

As soon as they get the range up and the charging times down I will have a closer look.

Right now I am considering the possibility of an NM4, as I am having a little difficulty with the NC since recent knee surgery. If it were not for that I would not be considering anything else.

The torque is absolutely amazing. It is not silent, there is a sort of weird science fiction kind of whining that is not unpleasant.
I would need to put about three sets of auxiliary lights on it for visibility.

Back