• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Polaris Slingshot

It will require a motorcycle plate and license, as it does not have 4 wheels. So, if your state has a helmet law, you will have to wear a helmet. Would be best to wear one anyway. The sling shot would be fun to drive, but a 3 wheeler is not a 2 wheeler.

If it leans, it's closer to a bike. If it does not lean, it's definitely not a bike. Spyders and trike conversions ride and handle totally, I mean totally different than a motorcycle.

If it leans, it's closer to a bike. If it does not lean, it's definitely not a bike. Spyders and trike conversions ride and handle totally, I mean totally different than a motorcycle.

So my old VW van was closer to a bike! Cool!!! Boy, that sucker would lean....

I do miss it.

I personally like the idea of the elio
Elio Motors: Ultra High Mileage Vehicle

If it ever makes it to market, and handles decently on ice and snow I might consider replacing my car with something like that.
Better still let my wife use an elio for commuting most days while I take the motorcycle, let her get the big truck she has always wanted as our second car, when the weather gets crappy I can either take the truck or the elio to work and she can take the other one.

the Elio is going (if it ever happens) to made here in good 'ol Shreveport. They moved into the empty GM building. I use to live about a mile from it.
Last I heard they were having trouble raising the money to get started. The count on their website has around 23, 000 reserved elois. But that's only $100 to reserve a spot. that's not enough get started. Still, it seems if it will do all it says, it will be a winner!

slingshot is ugly, and I don't know how I would feel about sitting outside of the central axis of the thing. How would it offset the weight if no passenger? Weird....

looks like fun to drive IF you have an empty road.
Sure hate to stuck in a traffic jam.
To me, its more like a car/roadster

Back