• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

OEM Luggage Rack Bolts?

jp3rks

Reaction score
Visit site
I have looked online and can't seem to find a place to buy the luggage rack bolts. One came loose and I'd love to find an OEM replacement for it.

When I damaged one of mine I just used an equivalent bolt from my Sport Bike Bolt Kit from CG. Its chrome instead of black, but I don't really care.

I got the allen bolts in stainless steel at Lowe's hardware, but Ace also has them. I paint mine black with rustoleum black textured paint.

But what did you do for the bushing? I ended up buying a new mounting kit. Ouch.

I have looked online and can't seem to find a place to buy the luggage rack bolts. One came loose and I'd love to find an OEM replacement for it.

Three of mine fell out a week after I bought the bike. Dealer did not torque them properly. If you want the OEM and don't want to find something that matches just ask the dealer to get them for you. They had mine within a couple days. I tied everything in place with 550 cord in the mean time. Be sure and use loctite when you put things back together. Road vibration like to loosen those bad boys.

Be sure and use loctite when you put things back together. Road vibration like to loosen those bad boys.
I have been using a product called Vibra-Tite on my NC with good results. Unlike loctite it can be dissassembled several times and put back together without reapplying. It can also be applied to a bolt you leave in your tool box for install later.
Vibra-Tite VC-3 Threadmate - Vibra-Tite

That is cool stuff Fuzzy! I never heard of it and will definitely order some soon. I go through loctite often.

Back