• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2 Day, 600 Mile Trip

mkmclm

Reaction score
Visit site
My buddy (Next door neighbor) and I just returned from a 2 day - 600 mile trip from San Jose, Ca. to South Lake Tahoe. We went from sea level to driving over Echo summit at 7300 feet and then down to Lake Tahoe at 6000 feet. We set up camp and then took a 75 mile drive around the entire lake. The bikes performed flawlessly!!! I sensed very little performance loss at those elevations. This was a good test ride for our upcoming 6000 mile - 6 week trip around the country we have planned next year.image.jpgimage.jpg

Tahoe area sure is beautiful. Glad you had a nice trip. Been up there recently myself, and yes the NC performs quite nicely at sea level and above. Where did you camp? Wanted to do a lap around the lake last time I was there, but it was more of a family vacation than me taking off and joy riding kinda thing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's a national forest campground. It was $32.00 a night with a 2 vehicle 6 person limit. It is a really nice campground. The bathrooms have a coin operated shower in them.

I was there two months ago. I rode my Yamaha FZ1. Riding around Lake Tahoe and the mountain pass was spectacular. At 8000 ft elevation crossing the summit, I had to ride 1 gear lower to harness the power that I was needing.

Camping was done 'in the forest' - cost was free.

Attachments

• 1 IMG_0154.jpg
    1 IMG_0154.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 108
  • 2 IMG_0175.jpg
    2 IMG_0175.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 3 IMG_0181.jpg
    3 IMG_0181.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 4 Road.jpg
    4 Road.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 5 IMG_0196.jpg
    5 IMG_0196.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 116
mkmclm:

It looks like you are set to go. My trip in the Spring was only two weeks long. I had the same volume in luggage as I see on your bike. I also had a similarly tall windscreen - much appreciated.

I also had my bike equipped with highway pegs. For long rides in the saddle, it is more comfortable to be able to alternate leg position. You might want to consider adding them (if you don't mind the appearance).

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc750-modifications/6738-fixed-stock-seat-highway-pegs.html

Back