• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Does This Sound Normal? Have a Listen

Ruggybuggy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
2014 NC750X with approximately 1,100KMS. The noise is present with clutch out and stops when the clutch is pulled in. It's running at operating temp on the centre stand and in neutral. I'm running Honda 10W30 conventional oil. I'm not too worried about it. My previous bikes did it as well but this one seems louder. I have a 8,000km tour to do in the late summer and want to make sure this is normal.

Thanks guys.

[video=youtube_share;c2dzvnxklKA]http://youtu.be/c2dzvnxklKA[/video]

The only real way to get an answer to your question without seeing the bike, is for you to find another person with a bike just like yours. Meet up and listen to the bikes side by side. Over the years I have seen a few folks and the factories put a few of the spring plates in backwards. Your are right in saying it does not hurt anything, just makes the noise, as that noise is what the plate is put in too prevent.

Last edited:
Back