• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rekey OEM top case?

I tried to find the thread but could not. It has been talked about a few times. I do not think anyone has successfully rekeyed the OEM topcase.

To match an ignition key? Probably not. I know an excellent locksmith who spent hours (I guess it ticked him off) trying to find info on re-keying a Give top box's cylinder so the same key would work on the top case and panniers I had at the time. No luck. I later found Givi sells multiple cylinders with matching keys. Twisted Trottle sells Givi lock kits.

I bought a pair of second hand oem cases and rekeyed the locks. The problem is to get your hands on locking plates because Honda does not sell them separately. I bought one complete lock cylinder set, that includes springs, grease, end slot plates and 3x 5 plates of each size that are use. Together with the plates that were in the locks of the second hand cases I was able to rekey both side cases and the oem top case. It might be that you need more plates depending off course on the variation used. Maybe a Honda dealer has plates left from other cases they keyed, mine didn't have any or was unwilling to help me out.

The part number I used (EU number): 08885-HAC-P10
http://webshop.polsmotoren.nl/fotos/000105/331077.JPG

Last edited:
What key do you use? The ignition key or the top case key (which is much smaller/shorter)?

Both side cases and top case (all three Honda oem cases) can be locked with the ignition key. As Smallville points out, Honda sells rekeying cylinders that can be matched to the NC ignition key.

The cylinders in the Honda saddlebags are physically a different size than the top box key cylinder (in the American market; don't know about anywhere else). That option was tried and chronicled here on the board. The saddlebag lock cylinders won't fit in the available space on the top box. If Honda in North America is now offering an additional, different cylinder, that's welcome news.

Honda sells a top box rekey cylinder. It lists for the cb500 but I believe it will work for the nc700 top box

Anyone know more about this? I took my topbox cylinder and my ignition key to a locksmith today, he said it cannot be rekeyed for that key. Need a different cylinder that the ignition key will actually slide into. Then he could rekey it to work with the ignition key.

Anyone know more about this? I took my topbox cylinder and my ignition key to a locksmith today, he said it cannot be rekeyed for that key. Need a different cylinder that the ignition key will actually slide into. Then he could rekey it to work with the ignition key.

That's why Honda sells the kit to rekey the top box.

Anyone tried it in the NCX top box yet? Last try, the saddlebag lock cylinders would NOT fit the top box. The CBX uses a different top case than the NCX in North America, does it not?

That's why Honda sells the kit to rekey the top box.

Yes, that's what I am asking about. Anyone know more about this? A part number or a link? I've googled and searched forums (CB500X forums too) and can't come up with anything. I've searched the parts diagrams too.

Last edited:
08M00HACJ61 is the part number. Not sure if it is still valid. I ordered it but sold my hard bags before I had a chance to try it. Was called the One Key Interlock cylinder or something like that.

Last edited:
Back