• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda NC700x DCT Foot GEAR shifter

Nice idea for the fellow who likes to use the engine for braking in the curves. However, with the auto transmission and clutch it could surprise you with an up shift in tight curve. No clutch control, remember. I don't know a lot about the DCT, so I could be wrong about a manual clutch control

Last edited:
How many gear ratios are standard in the DCT transmission? Six speeds, the same as the manual transmission?
I like the ability to shift by foot, and to be able to put the bike in neutral and out of gear by foot action.
I may have to go to a DCT bike!

Nice idea for the fellow who likes to use the engine for braking in the curves. However, with the auto transmission and clutch it could surprise you with an up shift in tight curve. No clutch control, remember. I don't know a lot about the DCT, so I could be wrong about a manual clutch control

I use engine braking on my DCT by simply downshifting as you would on any bike, difference being it's with a flick of a button.

Unless you have a dodgy or prosthetic left hand/arm I see no point in a foot shifter.

This fella done another YouTube vid showing a clutch lever too, I don't get it, why buy a DCT in the first place?

Honda NC700x with mod's - YouTube

Perhaps I'm missing something?

I use engine braking on my DCT by simply downshifting as you would on any bike, difference being it's with a flick of a button.

Unless you have a dodgy or prosthetic left hand/arm I see no point in a foot shifter.

This fella done another YouTube vid showing a clutch lever too, I don't get it, why buy a DCT in the first place?

Honda NC700x with mod's - YouTube

Maybe I should put the DCT switch cluster on my manual so I could have some buttons to push. Makes as much sense as putting a clutch lever on an automatic.

Last edited:
I have foot shifter on my NC750X. I payed some extra for it because it is optional part.

I have recommendation for all of you who are about to buy it - just don't :) Really. I used it 3-4 times so far (1600km). It is not that it feel wrong. The shifter itself works very well. But if you have option not to take care of gears, you stick with it most of the time. I ride S mode with occasional down shift with my thumb.

First try the DCT without the foot shifter. And buy it only if you think you really miss it. Spoiler alert - you won't miss it.

Hey Comaric,

That's a real honest and honourable answer, a lot of people will defend a product to death once they've committed the cash to it.

I tip my hat to you sir. :)

Hey Comaric,

That's a real honest and honourable answer, a lot of people will defend a product to death once they've committed the cash to it.

I tip my hat to you sir. :)

A practice as common as buying a big-bucks item online and then hitting every forum they can find asking whether it's worth a damn or not.

Foot shifter just duplicates function of paddle shifters on left grip. Will not put it in neutral.
I've ridden the FJR1300AE several times during demo rides and liked the ability to shift using the left foot shifter. At first I missed using the clutch lever, there isn't one, but quickly adapted. Using the thumb and forefinger was ok, but I preferred the foot shifter. Then my left hand fingers could be used for turn signals and horn. I also like the Gear arrangement of the transmission. Neutral on the bottom then gears 1 through 5 up all in order.
But this transmission is not an automatic or DCT. It is a computer controlled clutch and manual transmission.
Overall a very neat arrangement.

It could be a rear brake lever making it like a scooter. Several have adapted this from the Integra. Kind if nice with feet on highway pegs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back