• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Clutch Noise

nordbjorn

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2013 NC700X with just under 5000 miles on it. A few days ago, I noticed that when the bike is in neutral and I release the clutch lever, there is a humming noise. When the lever is pulled in it disappears. I put the bike up on a stand and fired it up in neutral and there is no movement of the rear wheel.

Is this normal? Everything I have found on the internet refers to clanking or clicking noises which this definitely is not. The NC is my first bike, so I am not terribly familiar with
what is normal noise and what could indicate a problem.

Mine does the same thing, I consider it normal honestly.

If you think about it, when the clutch is engaged in neutral, it's spinning the transmission. That's where your extra noise is coming from.

-Jesse

Mine rattles. However no "humming". Perhaps you could do a clip on youtube ?

My hearing is too far gone to hear it! I had a Yamaha Venture and the clutch basket was so loud at neutral that other riders asked me all the time what was wrong. Known issue with that model. A very loud whirring sound. Nothing to worry about though, and I put a lot of miles on that motor.

"Rattle and Hum" ........... I knew I had heard the association somewhere. It is the name of a U2 album. It is a good one too.

U2r&h.jpg

Back