• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

BMW System 6 Evo helmet

Saxeus

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone considered getting one of these flip-ups? There don't seem to be all that many online reviews of it apart from some old forum posts. Apparently Shuberth manufacture the BMW helmets so I suppose a certain level of quality can be assumed. As can the price, which seems to be towards the top end of the scale, yet it isn't even a carbon fibre outer shell. Still, it does seem to be fairly light for a flip-up that includes an integrated sun-shield and a "quadruple" locking mechanism for the chin bar. Incidently, the chin bar seems to perform well in the ECE 22-05 safety assessment, which is surprising for a flip-up. The outer visor also seems to have a pre-installed pinlock shield as standard.

BMW have a well-established presence here in South Africa so I was wondering if anyone had tried to fit the System 6 in an NC's frunk. Anyone?

can't find a price on it easily. Helmets I buy have to have two things: flip up front (modular), and the internal shade lens... preferably one that may be lowered part way....not just all the way or nothing.
Oh.... and it really should cost somewhere around $150.
Is that close to the BMW? I would buy one, then.

Why do you want to buy a BMW helmet when you can buy a Schuberth which is the same or even better thing?

I wear a BMW aeroflow jacket (bought it cheap) and I get comments that I cannot afford a GS and therefore just buy a BMW jacket. I don't think I am surrounded by very nice biker friends here.
:p

Why do you want to buy a BMW helmet when you can buy a Schuberth which is the same or even better thing?

I wear a BMW aeroflow jacket (bought it cheap) and I get comments that I cannot afford a GS and therefore just buy a BMW jacket. I don't think I am surrounded by very nice biker friends here.
:p

I just want to find out if anyone would recommend the System 6 either because it's a good helmet and/or it fits in the frunk. Every second bike I see on our roads is a GS of some sort. I couldn't care less if they're a snobby bunch because I'm still sold on the NCX - BMW doesn't make a bike that a) has a frunk, b) has a dct transmission, and c) looks as good as the NCX. Sure their bikes might be tough as nails but those are very expensive nails which I don't need or want right now. If their gear is also good, I'll give BMW the same attention I'll give any other manufacturer that can offer me a good product at a justifiable price.

I just want to find out if anyone would recommend the System 6 either because it's a good helmet and/or it fits in the frunk. Every second bike I see on our roads is a GS of some sort. I couldn't care less if they're a snobby bunch because I'm still sold on the NCX - BMW doesn't make a bike that a) has a frunk, b) has a dct transmission, and c) looks as good as the NCX. Sure their bikes might be tough as nails but those are very expensive nails which I don't need or want right now. If their gear is also good, I'll give BMW the same attention I'll give any other manufacturer that can offer me a good product at a justifiable price.
Please try the Schuberth instead. that is my advice. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I once tried a Schubert C3 for a couple of hours. It is quiet and comfortable a lot. But I cannot justify buying a 4th helmet at this price...One thing is sure my next one (in a couple of years) will be a Schubert.

I once tried a Schubert C3 for a couple of hours. It is quiet and comfortable a lot. But I cannot justify buying a 4th helmet at this price...One thing is sure my next one (in a couple of years) will be a Schubert.
I am betting the bmw helmet is more expensive but almost identical in construction etc.
why?
really you need to ask why?
[emoji16]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

From what I've found the Schuberth C3 is roughly the same price as the BMW Series 6. Many of the same features too - both have single top and chin vents with no rear exhausts, thus both are relatively quiet for flip-ups. Both have been wind-tunnel tested. Both have integrated sun visors, and I think even the switch to deploy/retract it is in the same place on the left side.

So I think it's a fair bet you'll be getting the same or very similar top-end quality with either of them. Not sure about head fit and shape though as I haven't found anything on this for the Series 6 yet.

Both are a little more than I'd like to spend on a helmet at the moment as I'm not really sure I'll be doing THAT much biking to justify the cost/comfort level. I still need to learn how to ride let alone go on long-distance tours! Sorting the needs of commuting is my main focus at the moment but I probably will be interested in day runs or weekend trips at some point so I'm still open to finding a decent helmet that is suitable for all of the above. Even those dual sport helmets with removable peaks interest me as it has been recommended that I also take an off-road course to learn how to manage a bike without the luxury of rubber-asphalt traction.

And so the research continues...

Definitely go Schuberth C3, but go with the Pro, not the original. Or you could go with a HJC Symax III (has decent quality) and install a Chatterbox. It also has pinlock. I have about $400 wrapped up in mine and it fits in the frunk so long as I don't have my GoPro attached to it.

Definitely go Schuberth C3, but go with the Pro, not the original. Or you could go with a HJC Symax III (has decent quality) and install a Chatterbox. It also has pinlock. I have about $400 wrapped up in mine and it fits in the frunk so long as I don't have my GoPro attached to it.

The Schuberth C3 Pro is nice, but silly-expensive. The SHARP ratings that the UK government seems to use do not rate it particularly highly (3 of 5 stars). Interestingly, the Series 6 seemed to suffer from exactly the same poor points and got much the same rating.

The HJC Symax III is a bit more of a rounder shape so might not fit my head correctly although I still need to get it properly measured. If I see one in a shop I will not rule it out - I just hope they've solved that disturbing issue they had with the Symax II's chin bar locking mechanism.

The Nolan N104, however, seems to be an excellent "mid-range" flip-up. I really like the large viewport (one of the reasons I considered dual-sports as well) and it meets all my other requirements including a reasonable price. The SHARP tests gave it 4 of 5 stars and seems to be one of the few flip-ups where the chin guard remained secured in all its tests.

The one downside of the Shuberth is....it won't fit in the trunk...and...it has a ratchet on the chin strap and not a conventional D-ring. So you cannot use a helmet lock.
Anyone with a C3 have a solution for this?

I just bought the original C3,modest price not too high for this level of quality .Just think the noise level for this lid is over rated...Just seems the same as my old Lid..As regards the BMW system 6..I think here its quite abit cheaper,,so maybe worth a look as its also produced by Schuberth.

The one downside of the Shuberth is....it won't fit in the trunk...and...it has a ratchet on the chin strap and not a conventional D-ring. So you cannot use a helmet lock.
Anyone with a C3 have a solution for this?
sorry have not tried to put in trunck yet...I,ll let you know!!

Last edited:
Back