• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The ears do not have it...

TechiePilot

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Team Honda...
I was wondering if you would be so kind as to share what you use for ear protection. Wind noise at speed is no fun. The foamies don't seem to be cutting it for me, and I cannot tolerate the semi-hard plastic ones.

Suggestions with model/partnumber appreciated.

Thanks

Foamies does the work, but there are foamies and there are foamies! The difference can be large from good silence to what can be felt like no protection at all. You have to try different vendors of foamies to find those that work best for you.

My favorite non-custom plugs are Howard Leight Max uncorded. If you want to PM me your mailing address, I will send you a pair or two to try.

Howard Leight Max Lite uncorded are the ones that work for me. I buy the 200 pair box for about $22 at an industrial safety supply house.

I use the "cheap" foam ones from the local pharmacy, which cost 2 euros for 3 pairs with a nice carrying case.
They are throw away ones, I used them (3 pairs) for 1 season.
Just pinch them or roll them, put in ears and wait for them to expand and fill out your ear hole.

Beemerphile, you are THE DUDE! Lebowski has nothing on you!! Thanks a bunch for the Howard Leight Max samples. They work extremely well. duk2n and gpd211, I also appreciate your feedback. One can never be too informed ;P

The ears DO have it now. Happy trails...

Last edited:
I stumbled upon a type that I had never known about before, just last year.

I can't abide the normal generic foam ones, they give me nasty earaches and are just a pain in the er...ear, to get in and out. (I have wee tiny little ear canals, I guess lol)

So I was happily amazed to discover these strange silicone ones in a drugstore one day. I guess they're meant for swimming or something? They come in (the only ones I've seen anyway) a clear hard plastic little box, and there are 6 per box. They are rather large, clear, pill shaped things that look like a naked Jujube or thick cough drop.

The instructions warn not to cut them in half, not to roll them into a cylinder, and not to wedge them in your ears, but simply moosh them into the outer ear part, in a great blob.

*WARNING*
YMMV
DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU

Well, I twist them in half, roll them very cylindrically, and stuff them in fairly good, lol :laughing:

I don't heave the things in like I would a foam type, but they would fall out just like a foam one would, if I didn't make a little effort into stoiking the things in there. I imagine if you really jambed them in too far, it could be a bit of a hassle to try and get them out without tearing bits off of them in the attempt. (read: now a much tougher job to try and get out...)

Super comfy! No earaches after a whole day's riding. Since they don't go in as far as the foam ones, they don't have the same disgusting trait of attracting ear wax, either. Feel much more clean and hygenic. Each one (now a pair) lasts for a few days for me. (The one downside, is that they are fairly expensive, at about $6.00 for a box of 6 them.

I keep them in a slim line contact lens carrying case that goes in my jacket pocket or tank bag.

L.B.S., thanks for the feedback. I had read of the silicone ones, but was unsure. I like how you turned the manufacturer's thinly veiled warnings into "directions for use"...

Last edited:
Back