• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Well did another little trip!!!

mahbin

Reaction score
Visit site
Friday took another trip up the hill. Went up hwy 4 to hwy 395 and came back hwy 108, 288 miles. Every wacko Cager was out,WOW!!! I think I picked a bad weekend to do this. If any one is heading over Sanora pass they have put new sand on the road at the top, and is Vary dangerous. Was a little chilly on the passes,Still a great ride. Great weather, but did get rained on arounfd Clarks fork.hehe!!!

Attachments

• Ebbetts.jpg
    Ebbetts.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 144
  • hwy-4.jpg
    hwy-4.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 144
Every wacko Cager was out,WOW!!!

went for a groceries shopping this morning (about 10 miles total, fairly twisty county roads). 3 times cars didn't stop at STOP sign. last one almost hit us ,moving at full speed without even slowing down at stop. come back with two bags of veggies all shaking, as i was at some sort of war zone. i've been in US for about 15 years and for all this time i got into a 4 accidents. on 3 of them- i was staying at stop sign,doing nothing. two times-hit from behind,one time-track start pulling back and hit me. fourth one-i was moving about 10 mpg at evening ,cause i saw a deer moving from the woods. street was about 150 yards long. car hit us from behind,totaling our vehicle.

Looks like it would have been a nice ride. It's been a few years since I've seen snow capped mountains.

Samsung Galaxy S4

I like your bike ride and really impressed with your little trip toward the hills if you have much experience then tell me is on the hills ride is a tough job?

That's a great day ride there... the 395 part not so much. But Hwy 4, 89 and 108 are some of my favorites. Couple years ago we hit Monitor Pass(89) right after they paved it, didn't even have the stripes painted yet.... ohhhh baby! :D We rode over it just to turn around and come back over it again.

Kasi, Hwy 4 gets narrow for a long way and you have to mind your lines through blind corners because cars sometimes don't, no center stripe on the road. There are a few steep switchbacks but those shouldn't be an issue for any but the greenest of riders. Just pay attention and make sure you don't get caught in a high gear going into a blind uphill turn. 108 has a couple tricky ones too, but it's wider than 4 so there's a stripe down the middle of the whole thing, oncoming traffic not such a problem.

That's a great day ride there... the 395 part not so much. But Hwy 4, 89 and 108 are some of my favorites. Couple years ago we hit Monitor Pass(89) right after they paved it, didn't even have the stripes painted yet.... ohhhh baby! :D We rode over it just to turn around and come back over it again.

Kasi, Hwy 4 gets narrow for a long way and you have to mind your lines through blind corners because cars sometimes don't, no center stripe on the road. There are a few steep switchbacks but those shouldn't be an issue for any but the greenest of riders. Just pay attention and make sure you don't get caught in a high gear going into a blind uphill turn. 108 has a couple tricky ones too, but it's wider than 4 so there's a stripe down the middle of the whole thing, oncoming traffic not such a problem.

HWY108 you need to watch for cattle too! Learned that last year. Came around a corner and boom there's about half a dozen of them in the road. Luckily I wasn't going too fast since it was only either my first or second time on that stretch of road. The cows were taking up half the road so I had enough room to get around them and get around the next corner and warn an on coming cage that they were there, it was going to be more of a blind corner for them traveling west bound. Gave them the slow down and then a long horns sign!

I'm itching to get back up that way before they close the roads for the winter.

Back