• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DOT Approved, modular, 66$ delivered

John Boy

Reaction score
Visit site
Im sure this will spark debates over how much you should spend on a helmet to protect your melon, but for those who are somewhat practical and understand DOT approved, is DOT approved wether it costs $66 or $600, you should check out KapscoMoto. Full face, modular helmets, that are comfortable, don't look cheap and are DOT approved for 66$ delivered to your door. I have one and have no issues with it.

Now the only thing left to do is to use you head, and wear the helmet even in the heat! Helmets do suck in the heat. However, you guys from Canada would not know a whole lot about the heat.

Im sure this will spark debates over how much you should spend on a helmet to protect your melon, but for those who are somewhat practical and understand DOT approved, is DOT approved wether it costs $66 or $600, you should check out KapscoMoto. Full face, modular helmets, that are comfortable, don't look cheap and are DOT approved for 66$ delivered to your door. I have one and have no issues with it.
If the minimum wasn't good enough it wouldn't be the minimum right?

The assumption is "DOT Approved" is good enough.

I want much more than DOT minimum allows such as full face coverage.

If DOT Approved is your criteria then Walmart has this one for as little as $31.33.
Walmart said:
$31.33- $36.77.
From Fuel Helmets, this Half Helmet is the lowest profile design that passes DOT's rigorous testing standards, allowing you to ride your motorcycle both in comfort and in compliance with helmet laws.
0070258717306_300X300.jpg
Half Helmet - Walmart.com

Web page also shows a full face version for $59.20.

Last edited:
If you had actually read the post where it says "Full face, modular..." you would have known I also want full face coverage...but heh, right on.

Last edited:
Looks like better coverage than what I see some riders wearing....which is nothing! Looks pretty good for the price. I wonder how they can even make a profit at the price. It's definitely not high end protection and the parts are probably not like buying an Arai or Shoei but like you said, it's full face coverage.

That the KapscoMoto helmet is not Snell certified is no surprise, and not necessarily a bad thing, since very, very few modular helmets are Snell certified (only two models on their M2010 list). http://www.smf.org/cert

Last edited:
After reading an article someone here linked to about Snell certification, that's what I look for. I was surprised when I bought my HJC-16 full face for around $130 and it is Snell approved.
Got to use it already!

After reading an article someone here linked to about Snell certification, that's what I look for. I was surprised when I bought my HJC-16 full face for around $130 and it is Snell approved.
Got to use it already!

Love my CL-16... Cheap, comfortable, protection...

My concern with a cheap helmet of any sort off the internet would be the fit... helmet that is uncomfortable is less likely to be worn, and a helmet that isn't worn offers no protection at all.

This post needs a link! Maybe this? Motorcycle Sport Bike Helmets

Back