• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Electrical help needed...

Danimal

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know what would cause my NC battery to suddenly die?
Haven't rode it in a week and a half. Tried to start it today and is completely dead. Won't hold a charge either.

Jump started it. Dash was blinking like crazy and check engine light was on.
Turned it off. Wouldn't start at all.

Now. It's the original battery (2012). Sat 1 year in the create at the dealership before I bought it. Put it on trickle charge over the winter and it ran fine until today.

Please tell me the battery is just shot and I don't have bigger problems. I don't know what it could be.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
A few Yuasa OEM batteries have been reported to die a sudden death. Maybe yours was next in line.

Do you have a USB port installed for powering cell phones or other devices? They are known to slowly drain the battery.. although a week and a half is extremely fast for that to have happened.

I have a 12v adapter installed by the dealer and a louder horn (installed a year ago).

That's about it.

Does the 12v adapter light up? My USB port has a ring around it that lights up blue.... that is part of the source of the drain... the USB ports themselves I believe have a very small constant drain.

No I just have the adapter in the frunk. Only attach the phone to it if and when I need a charge.

Put in a new battery and it seems to be running fine. What's the voltage reading supposed to be on these things?

How do I treat for a parasitic drain?

From my FSM:

BATTERY/CHARGING SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS

Battery Type: YTZ12S
Capacity: 12 V – 11 Ah
Current leakage: 1.2 mA maximum

Voltage (20°C/68°F)
Fully charged: 13.0 – 13.2 V
Needs charging: Below 12.4 V

Charging current
Normal: 1.1 A/5 – 10 h
Quick: 5.5 A/1 h

Alternator Capacity: 0.42 kW/5,000 min-1 (rpm)

Charging coil resistance (20°C/68°F): 0.1 – 0.5 Ω

Back