• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750DCT Fuel economy?

jangermann

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike has now run 400km totally. Just filled it up, 251km on 11.7liters of fuel = 21.4km/l. My previous bike (NC700X) was easy running about 30km/l and I was newer that low in fuel economy on that.

Will the NC750DCT user more fuel in the break in period or is the 750 just using more fuel than the 700?

Last edited:
I have read somewhere that due to 6% taller gearing the 750 manual or DCT should have a slightly lower consumption.
My average for +19.000 km is 27.1 km/l
21 KM/L is really low. My first tank was 25.7 km/l and my worst 23.6 km/l.
The worst tank was driving @130-160 kph with full luggage and strong headwind
I'm 195 cm / 6'5" and heavy :)

Well i really don't understand why the consumption is so high.
I did not expect that it was even possible to get it that low.

I have to admit that I was not thinking about economy but just enjoying the DCT. Now it is full again, and this time I will drive gentle at think economy.

My commute is 78 miles each way and is mostly motorway with 10 miles A and B roads. At 72 mph indicated (70gps) it is returning between 74 and 79 miles per imperial gallon depending on how much filtering through heavy traffic is done. I put the gears in manual 1 or 2 when filtering.

Back