• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Finally, the Bike's Home

Ruggybuggy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked it up today but still haven't had a chance to ride it. I want to add the accessories first and still have to register it. It's the only bike I've ever bought that the odometer was reading zero. Usually they have kilometers displayed.

Trip Home
IMG_0550.JPG

Home
IMG_0552.JPG

I was surprised to find that the bike came stock with a battery tender lead.

IMG_0558.JPG

When I picked up the bike the salesman handed me 4 plastic caps and said the were in the trunk but didn't know where they came from. He said the tech had a look and had no idea either. Can someone identify these? They are about the size of your small finger nail.

CIMG2577.JPG

CIMG2576.JPG

When I picked up the bike the salesman handed me 4 plastic caps and said the were in the trunk but didn't know where they came from. He said the tech had a look and had no idea either. Can someone identify these? They are about the size of your small finger nail.

CIMG2577.JPG

CIMG2576.JPG

I believe those caps snap onto the heads of the socket head screws that secured the passenger grab rails. They are there for cosmetic reasons, not function. If that's what they are, I'm surprised they were not already installed.

Another quick question. I bought the side panniers but didn't want to use a top box. The gave me mounting kit 08l71-mjj-d30. Is this all that is needed for the mounting? I thought the top rack was required. :confused:

Another quick question. I bought the side panniers but didn't want to use a top box. The gave me mounting kit 08l71-mjj-d30. Is this all that is needed for the mounting? I thought the top rack was required. :confused:

The dealer did not do their homework, which is not surprising. You cannot mount the saddle bag mounting kit SADDLEBAG SUPPORT BRACKET 08L71-MJJ-D30 to the stock grab rails (as I see you have in your photo). You need to replace those rails with REAR CARRIER/SADDLEBAG MOUNT BRACKETS 08L74-MGS-J30. Then, you're one step away from having a top rack anyway by adding REAR CARRIER 08L70-MJJ-A30.

See, it can all work if you spend more money!

Now might be the time to consider Givi panniers and mounting hardware before you get in too deep with the Honda stuff. Givi PL1111 brackets and the Givi 1111 hardware kit would be all you need to mount Givi panniers and keep the stock passenger grab rails.

Last edited:
I thought about going with Givi and really like there stuff but I preferred the Honda panniers because, to me, it just looked better on the bike and without the bags your don't have to have the unsightly racks.

I thought about going with Givi and really like there stuff but I preferred the Honda panniers because, to me, it just looked better on the bike and without the bags your don't have to have the unsightly racks.

Yep, I understand. You could go with the removable SW Motech EVO racks for Givi panniers, but then you're spending about as much as for the Honda stuff.

Curious about the battery tender head? Is the bike a 2013? I have the same thing but no connector on the bike. Curious.

Curious about the battery tender head? Is the bike a 2013? I have the same thing but no connector on the bike. Curious.

It's more like that the dealer added it. The dealer I bought from dos it to all their bikes. It's handy but that cable at Walmart sells for less than $5. But hey at least you get something for free.

I tell people I bought a $5,000 t-shirt and got a free bike!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new bike and let's hope its ride home in the back of a pick-up is the last time it travels without both wheels on the ground (or at least one wheel if you're feeling squid-ish). :D

Yeah but I don't think the NC could get the front wheel of the ground. :rolleyes: I'm fine with that.

Get a little frisky taking off from a stop and you will discover otherwise, lol :eek:

Clutch-up wheelies no problem, roll on wheelies, no, not so much.

ps my CBR125R will easily do flip over backwards wheelies too, so everything is relative ;)

Yeah but I don't think the NC could get the front wheel of the ground. :rolleyes: I'm fine with that.

This guy tried. I saw a photo one time of a guy who had her fully upright.

[video=youtube_share;4wJqMUu4E8Q]http://youtu.be/4wJqMUu4E8Q[/video]

And how do you know? ;)

hah! :eek:

Having gained valuable lessons years ago, from looking up at the sky while sliding on my butt, I knew better when playing with the CBR, to prevent it juuuuust before the whole sordid ground/sky thing, lol.

Back