• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Motorcycle Underwears

Lou Wambsganss

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After years of wearing Hanes/Fruit of the Loom Boxer Briefs, I decided to bite the bullet and get some nice underwear. The material and seams in my "normal" underwear gets really uncomfortable after about 100 miles in the saddle. It didn't seem to matter what bike I was on. With a recent influx of annual birthday money from relatives whom I could not trust enough to give actual gift ideas, I spent over $100 in 24 hours on underwear. Truly a monumental day in my life.

Lets' just go ahead and get this out of the way: ***, butt, balls, testicles, pee, etc.
Beavis_&_Butt-head (512x640) (256x320).jpg

Now that we have that out of the way, let's get to the reviews:

Moto-Skiveez Adventure: Adventure Skiveez | Moto-Skiveez

adv-bottom.jpg

Price per pair: $60

Pros: Padded butt area. Very comfortable when seated while riding.
Vented front. Very good airflow.
No pee hole. Without the pee flap double layer, airflow is maximized.

Cons: Super expensive.
No pee hole. Additional complexity in urinating procedure. Increased chance of urine splashback.
Padded butt area is a little much for daily wear. Looks like Depends if worn with thin pants.

Notes: Use code ADVRIDER for a free hat. This is easily the best underwear for riding a motorcycle, if cost is no concern. Do the benefits outweigh the cost, that's up to individuals to figure out. Personally, I'm glad I spent the money on one pair. I have no plans to buy a second, as I don't see it as necessary.

Jockey JKY Sport Boxer Brief: JKY? by Jockey Men's 1pk Modern Sport Boxer Brie... : Target
14647082_201307031620.jpg

Price per Pair: $10

Pros: Reasonable price.
No butt seams. One less source of irritation
Very good frontal ventilation. No pee hole.

Cons: No pee hole.
Very lightweight.

Champion C9 "Cool" and "Soft" varieties C9 by Champion® Premium Performance Long Box... : Target
13944440_121019211541.jpg

Cost: $12 per pair

Pros: Cool variety has mesh front for ventilation. Soft has non-mesh.
Has pee hole.

Cons: Doesn't vent as well, due to pee hole in front.

Overall, if you have $60 burning a hole in your pocket, the MotoSkiveez are excellent for longer motorcycle trips. They are a little too expensive to just wear them on everyday shorter trips, which does limit their functionality.

As a general purpose daily underwear to wear all day, while riding or not, I would recommend the Jockey JKY Sport . The ventilation is really good and they are a couple of dollars per pair cheaper than the Champions.

I guess the lack of a pee hole on the Motos or Jockeys is not a big issue for me. I would rather have the ventilation for the 23:55 out of the day that I am wearing them than have a pee hole for the 00:05 that I am peeing.

Thanks for opening the topic, Lou. Proper biking panties are extremely important on longer rides. Cotton briefs are the worst choice, for many reasons.

Thanks for posting your suggestions so far.

Another option is the Cycle Gear Heat Out shorts. They are regularly priced at $9.99 but sometimes they're double priced at $19.98.:rolleyes: I have a couple pairs. They are not super sturdy material; I'm not sure how long they'll last. I like them fairly well.
image.jpg

Something else to consider is compression shorts from the sports department, like from Walmart, etc.
image.jpg

+1 for the cyclegear heat out shorts, I have been using them now as my basic underwear for two years and they are wearing great, and the most comfortable underwear I have ever had.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have a pair of Icon Field Armor shorts and like them.

image.jpg

The hip "padding" is rather a joke, and I do not know how much kevlar is really in them, but regardless of those two gimmicks, they are very comfy and supportive, I don't get overheated or feel a need for any venting increase or anything.

In below zero conditions, a pair of hiking supply store synthetic boxer briefs goes well under them, or in extreme cold, a pair of poly thermal long johns if I'm so inclined.

Update: So I just bought a pair of Cyclegear Heat Out Shorts. Size M. I'm pretty sure I could wear them as a singlet if I wanted. They are the most stretchy underwear I have ever worn. They are like panty hose. Not that I' know what that's like.... Um.... Anyway...

I will also add that even though the Motoskiveez are very good for riding a motorcycle, they are too bulky to wear around for the rest of the day. They feel like a diaper when you are standing or walking.

I still stick with the Jockeys as being my overall personal favorites so far. They are thin, lightweight, vented, supportive, and comfortable on or off a bike.

I will try to sample more as I come across them and keep this thread updated.

Wow, we are getting friendly around here :) I wear underwear, don't really care what kind, something that covers the bum God gave me and tucks the junk in so I don't nut myself when I cross my legs. Other than that Im not too concerned. The only time I was really concerned about underwear was in Afghanistan, two reasons. The first most obvious reason was the heat, 60 C means lots of sweat, two - If i got blown/shot up I couldn't have some medic cutting my pants off and displaying superman shorts or what was left of them to my platoon. I guess there was a third reason, if I sh-t my pants in a fire fight they needed to be easy to clean, that about sums it up.

Wow, we are getting friendly around here :) I wear underwear, don't really care what kind, something that covers the bum God gave me and tucks the junk in so I don't nut myself when I cross my legs. Other than that Im not too concerned. The only time I was really concerned about underwear was in Afghanistan, two reasons. The first most obvious reason was the heat, 60 C means lots of sweat, two - If i got blown/shot up I couldn't have some medic cutting my pants off and displaying superman shorts or what was left of them to my platoon. I guess there was a third reason, if I sh-t my pants in a fire fight they needed to be easy to clean, that about sums it up.

Post of the day! :D

After reading this thread today, I went to the Sunflower Bakery and Café to get a sandwich to eat. Now this place is not what anyone would call a biker hangout.

[video=youtube;yNz6NjuXqO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNz6NjuXqO4[/video]

While eating my food a few young bikers came into this café to eat. You would know it, they came right over and set down right next to me.

One of the young pledges proceeded to show me his pledge vest he had just earned.

Well, as this is a deep subject, I told him his little vest was just so cute and acquired as to what boutique he had purchased it at. For some strange reason this young fellow got all bent out of shape. As he stood up to come over towards me, his pants slipped down a little bit. At that moment is when I thought about this thread. So, I just had to ask him if he had bought those darling pink riding underwear at the same boutique.

At this time, the other not so nice folks in this riding group were laughing so hard, they just grabbed hold of that young fellow and set him down. Also by accident, one of the fellows in the not so nice group happened to recognize me from a previous encounter. We had a nice civil conversation from that point on, and those not so nice fellows even paid for my meal.

When leaving the café, I put on my riding gear, and they put on their riding gear - Coppertone 50 sunscreen. Then we all drove away in our separate directions.

Has anyone tried Outlast? It's more of a base layer as opposed to underwear, but it seems like a logical fabric for motorcycling as temps can change a lot during a days ride.

Rukka Outlast Pants - RevZilla

Huh! Well they certainly sound intriguing, but me, being old and skeptical of new weird things, lol, just has a bit of hard time imagining wearing long johns at any temp above freezing...

My buddy has a super expensive BMW jacket with some kind of phase change gimmickry going on in it, and he says it's the worst thing he's ever bought, so that also makes me shy away from "thermocules" and such.

Hey you never know though, right? It may be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I will need to see many more test reviews to make more of an informed decision, myself. :)

I got a pair of theses one : Klim Tactical Short.
Very comfy and too much pricey ! Impossible for me to make a negative comment (except about price but I bought them at 50% discount)

4030-000-T.jpg

I wear John Sievers briefs, they are more like jock straps but sure keeps you from getting pinched and are comfortable, wife sure likes them.

if its underwear, then you need a pee hole. If you don't have a pee hole, then you got panties :eek:
too much info....

ken

Back