• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

!st proper service costs

Rocker66

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.kawasakiw650.co.uk
Next week I have the bike booked in for it's 1st propwer service @ 8000 miles. it will be interesting to see what is done and how much it costs. Knowing my dealer I expect him to carry out everything in the schedule + anything that may be discovered

One would expect the dealer to maximize their income and report that they did all the maintenance steps that were called out in the schedule.

Greg

The radiator should be simple. I think it would take me longer to remove the plastics, on my GL1200 than to remove the radiator on the NC.
That's one of the reasons I like this bike so much. Simple!

It's a rare thing now a days to have a mechanic you can trust. Glad you do. I don't that's why I do most everything on my cars and will for the bike too.

The guy is a real bike enthusiast who has built some great specials. He is actually a perfectionist who takes a pride in his work. He always likes to discuss his work and the bike with the owner after the job is done

IIRC I read somewhere that the radiator is just unbolted and lowered with the hoses still connected to provide access for the valve adjustment. I don't think Honda lists valve adjustment as one of the items on the 600 mile service however.

Bob

Rocker66 is not talking about the 1st service (600 miles) but about the 1st "real" service at 8000 miles

IIRC I read somewhere that the radiator is just unbolted and lowered with the hoses still connected to provide access for the valve adjustment. I don't think Honda lists valve adjustment as one of the items on the 600 mile service however.

Bob

Lowering the radiator would move it directly infront of the valve cover. Doing the valves would be much easier with it out do the way all together

Hi all

Can someone list the major things that they will/should check/change during the first major service?
1. Check valve clearance?
2. change all fluids?
3. change tyres?

what else?

One would expect the dealer to maximize their income and report that they did all the maintenance steps that were called out in the schedule.

Greg

As I have posted elsewhere I'm very lucky with both my dealer and his mechanic as I trust them both. I also get to see work being done on my bike and discuss it with the mechanic. I guess though that there are dealers out there that may not be so honest

Back