• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My new riding boots

nemesis98

Reaction score
Visit site
It's official - I now have 100% of the gear needed to ride safely and responsibly.
Bought a pair of Alpinestar SMX-5 boots (size 14!) the other day. They fit snug right now, so I will be looking foolish walking around the house with them on to break them in. But I now feel much better protected than what I was riding with before (just plain leather boots)

Haven't rode with them on yet, but soon!

New Boots.jpg

Good for you! Dress for the fall, not the ride. Nice looking boots. Hope they break in well and that you never have to test their level of protection.

Congrats! Good call wearing good boots. Lower leg (including foot) is the #1 most-injured body area in m/c crashes.

Awesome boots :cool:

I still have my MX4 models that I got about 7 years ago, and have been one of the best gear purchases I've ever made, I love the things!

They are totally not even remotely billed as water resistant, but the day I bought them, I sealed the seams, and always regularly gave them a good cleaning and fresh coat of hiking boot water repellent/leather conditioner, and then have never leaked on me in all these years of riding in the rain!

I commute in them as close to 365 year round as possible, in PNWet conditions.

When they ever do wear out, I will for sure get another pair in the latest version of them, and just hope they are 1/2 as good. :)

When you purchased these boots, did you order the exact size you wear in normal tennis/dress shoes? Or did you buy a size larger/smaller etc..?

When you purchased these boots, did you order the exact size you wear in normal tennis/dress shoes? Or did you buy a size larger/smaller etc..?

I can't speak for Nemesis98, but I never get cold feet, so I had no need to get a larger size in case I wanted to wear uber thick winter socks, so I got the "usual" size I'd get in any other boot/shoe that felt comfy.

I wear size 42-43 sports shoes.
For Alpinestar, I would dare suggest you get the same exact size as dress shoes/sports shoes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Give a hoot, wear the boot, and keep the foot.

Why does that last oot not rhyme?

I am not fond of the break in period either, folks look at you funny in church on Sunday.

Back