• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

will never buy another Honda

Whiteknuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
because this NC750S is the best bike ever and i will keep it forever :)

i had the Hepco and Becker engine guard installed today. Turned out really nice.

took some pix

side view
f4Y5BQll.jpg

showing how far the guard sticks out. will cover the Frunk easy
i9KW504l.jpg

and finally the whole monty
NQKCys4l.jpg

nice peace of mind having the guard but hope i never get to test it

actually I do love my nc700x with dct, but I kind of wondering how will I like the honda crosstourer with dct??? Good thing HONDA doesn't sell it in the states. I would go out and buy it now if they did.

Ken

Well...with the issues I had with my ST1300, I swore at Honda but my other Hondas have been reliable -- including the NC700X so far and the 'virtual no maintenance' XR400. I'm sticking with them too!

..and the 'virtual no maintenance' XR400...

My Dad had an XR250 of the same era, visually almost the same bike. He had more problems with that bike than you can shake a stick at. Bought it used with a 280 kit installed, which I think was part of the problem. I think we re-built the engine three times, the last time taking it back down to 250. Lots and lots of new parts went into that thing, and in the end the happiest that bike ever made him was when it was in somebody else's truck driving down the road.

I had a '91 XR250L and it was rock solid however. Not the most ideal bike for the kind of off-roading we like to do, but it got the job done.

And to the OP, that's one sexy bike you've got yourself there. Not sure if your crash bar is to my tastes, but the red is very nice. And it's an S, so that automatically sets it way ahead of the crowd.

My Dad had an XR250 of the same era, visually almost the same bike. He had more problems with that bike than you can shake a stick at. Bought it used with a 280 kit installed, which I think was part of the problem. I think we re-built the engine three times, the last time taking it back down to 250. Lots and lots of new parts went into that thing, and in the end the happiest that bike ever made him was when it was in somebody else's truck driving down the road.

I had a '91 XR250L and it was rock solid however. Not the most ideal bike for the kind of off-roading we like to do, but it got the job done.

Wow, never heard or knew of anybody who had issues with an XR which is a pretty low-tech bike. I had the same XR500 from 1983 to 2000 and then got the XR400 in 2004 of which I still ride today. You're right -- not the latest for off-roading compared to what others are riding (where I go in the Mojave Desert).

Oh well...I do like the OP's NC750S -- that's a nice bike!

The 280 kit is what destroyed the reliability of your dad's XR. I used to race enduros with them and have worked on lots of them. The high output Al Baker kits will substantially reduce the reliability and are best left for racing.

because this NC750S is the best bike ever and i will keep it forever :)

i had the Hepco and Becker engine guard installed today. Turned out really nice.

took some pix

side view
f4Y5BQll.jpg

showing how far the guard sticks out. will cover the Frunk easy
i9KW504l.jpg

and finally the whole monty
NQKCys4l.jpg

nice peace of mind having the guard but hope i never get to test it

That's interesting - I see you get a clear screen in Canada, but we get a dark tinted screen in the UK as standard fitment. It's a cracking little machine. I just love the DCT and how it's been improved on the 750, it now allows the bike to rev right through the rev range in D mode, whereas on the 700 it felt more restricted.

Those guards look ace.

Last edited:
The screen is being replaced with an Ermax. I ordered a few weeks ago should arrive soon. As the NC is now its not too bad ..about the same as it was in the wind
on my ex-cbr250. The bike itself is not bothered by wind but i get a beating at times. It ok around 110kph but once you get upwards of 135kph and especially into a head/side wind
it tough going. Sure gives my neck muscles a workout the way the wind pushes at my helmet. (Shoei GT-Air)
The Ermax screen looks to be about the same size as the NCx screen. Do not want something too huge. Hopefully just enough to get the wind off the underside of my helmet.

this is the screen (smoked Ermax screen)
cGB9mzt.jpg

there was a screen from a UK company i really liked (BikeHPS.com) The MRA Touring Screen the price was ok but when i factored in shipping it
would have cost me over 300 Canadian $$ (the screen worked out to around $150 can and shipping was 150)

and here is another shot of the engine guard ..this time from the front. looks like it will protect much of the bike.
Would turn a simple tip over from a tow it to a shop to a pick it up and ride off.

b07Bszjl.jpg

Last edited:
...The MRA Touring Screen the price was ok but when i factored in shipping it
would have cost me over 300 Canadian $$ (the screen worked out to around $150 can and shipping was 150)...

Who was going to charge you 300 for the MRA screen? I think mine was about half that when I bought it, and that was shipped. Granted, it did take about a month to get here, and I was less than impressed with the service I got from the vendor, but I have a hard time seeing 150 to ship as justified for a chunk of plastic.

The company is in the UK (BikeHPS.com) The screen plus shipping was 191 British Pounds which when converted it came to over $350 Canadian.
They did not have any cheaper option for shipping. So i ordered the Ermax screen which was more reasonable.(from a different company based in USA) Hope it has enough protection.
I have since seen that Twisted Throttle distributes the MRA screen in Canada. They have not listed the NC750 yet so not sure if the NC700 screen would work.

Last edited:
Well...with the issues I had with my ST1300 I swore at Honda....

I put 50K miles on my 04 ST13 before selling it and downsizing to an F800ST. A dragging rear caliper was my only issue, aside from the heavy curb weight.
I determined the twin brake hoses to the caliper did not allow it to 'float' as designed. I sold the BMW and want a 750DCT if it ever comes to the US. My only bike now is a CRF250L with street BS tires.

What issues did you have w/your ST13? Curious minds need to know.

The company is in the UK (BikeHPS.com) The screen plus shipping was 191 British Pounds which when converted it came to over $350 Canadian.
They did not have any cheaper option for shipping. So i ordered the Ermax screen which was more reasonable.(from a different company based in USA) Hope it has enough protection.
I have since seen that Twisted Throttle distributes the MRA screen in Canada. They have not listed the NC750 yet so not sure if the NC700 screen would work.

The Nc700s screen will definitely fit 100% guaranteed.

The engine guards were pretty easy to install. Did not do it myself, had dealer install at same time i had first service. Dealer said it was an easy install (first time for them on the S model)

i got the Ermax screen last week and installed it. Fit perfect, better wind protection now. And it does not look too bad. Here is pic

8txYGuEl.jpg

Back