• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Motorcycle boots for the office.

dog

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately, I work in an office and have to do the business casual thing 4 times a week. My commute into downtown Houston is generally 15-20 minutes on the bike. I was looking for something that looked kinda dressy, but would offer some protection. I came across these last week:

rw efny motorcycle boots

I'm wearing a pair for the first time today and so far they feel pretty good. With the zippers they were a snap to get on this morning. That was the best price I could find. They were over twice as much at Amazon. ANYWAY, if you need this kind of thing....

I am a dress cowboy boot guy (round toe, not the point toe boots). I wear these to work (casual dress at work 5 days per week) and wear them riding. I either buy the Ariat Sierra or BassPro Red Head Wellington boots. Both types are waterproof, have a 'dress' style, have good ankle support, and slip resistant soles.

Will probably get flamed for this but I will never wear a pair of boots with laces for riding. Have known too many people who have had a loose lace get hung-up somehow on the bike and caused them to fall over. Also I don't believe in compromise between safety and dressy but that's just me. Again, not judging you and your choices. Why couldn't you just keep a pair of dress shoes at the office and change once you got there?

Will probably get flamed for this but I will never wear a pair of boots with laces for riding. Have known too many people who have had a loose lace get hung-up somehow on the bike and caused them to fall over. Also I don't believe in compromise between safety and dressy but that's just me. Again, not judging you and your choices. Why couldn't you just keep a pair of dress shoes at the office and change once you got there?

I agree completely. Personally know two people that have dropped their bikes because of shoe laces. I ride only with MC specific boots and change out at work.

Here a link you can look at. Aliexpress: Popular Motorcycle Cowboy Boots in Shoes

Most of them are laced. I rode for many years will laced boots (combat boots) but we had to tuck the laces in at the top of the boot and since it was part of the uniform standard we were really good at tucking them in. They weren't going to come out. I can see silverhounds point too and if I did wear laced shoes I would surely tuck the laces in. It looks better anyway. ;)

My cowboy boots don't have laces and they provide as much protection as MC boots (unless you are talking about those huge, ugly, motor-cross boots).

My cowboy boots don't have laces and they provide as much protection as MC boots (unless you are talking about those huge, ugly, motor-cross boots).

LOL I don't know of any cowboy boots with laces (that would look a little silly) but my comment was directed at the OP not you. I would also consider cowboy boots to provide adequate riding protection and possibly the only case where dressy meets safety.

I have started riding with jeans, t-shirts and even flipflops....and I was not in a serious accident before.
A simple highside when a car knocked me from behind, sent me flying with my jeans, t-shirt and Converse, made me lose skin in my knees, my hands, and it was a traffic-stop accident (meaning low speed).
Since then I wear ATGATT.

Any boots is ok, just that you are in control and that you are equipped for the "right speed". If you are just commuting and at low city speeds, I dare to say those boots are enough. If you are going for a detour after work, then those boots may not "save" your skin.
Think wisely.
It is YOUR skin.
:D

An accident is an unplanned event. To plan for unplanned events, one can only 'insure' as much as possible, meaning as good equipment as possible or as comfortable as possible. You make the call.

Or carry them in bike if nowhere to leave at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a low speed off in a parking lot wearing steel toed Justin cowboy boots. Bumped my ankle bone hard enough I could not walk for a week. Thanked The Lord I didn't break a bone and have worn MC boots with hard ankle protection ever since. Leather on Justins not even scratched but provided ZERO impact protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not gonna flame you on your opinion about boot laces, but I will take issue as to these boots being a poor compromise between "safety and dressy". They WERE designed to be motorcycle boots. They may not be the best MC boots, but I think they are adequate for my particular commute. They should be at least as safe as most cowboy boots (and I have worn those most of my life along with combat boots in the military.) The description:

Color: Brown

Synthetic

Synthetic sole

Shaft measures approximately 5.75" from arch

Heel measures approximately 1"

Platform measures approximately 0.5"

Dual zippers create an adjustable opening in this half-combat, half-motorcycle boot.

boot1-small.jpg boot2-small.jpg boot3-small.jpg

As for changing shoes at work, just didn't think of it, but one of the reasons I went with these were the zippers to speed things up in the morning. Gearing up and down twice a day for a 20 commute does add to time to my workday.

I have winter and summer riding boots. My winter boots are big, ugly, warm, waterproof and lousy for the office. I have a pair of dress shoes under my desk for the days, weeks and months I wear them. My summer riding boots are a lot lighter and translate well to the office, similar to OPs but no laces. Not because I have any safety concerns about laces but because I hate laces in general because I do and I don't care if its irrational.

What, these aren't dress-casual enough for you?

XP7-R-S.jpg

:p

Not gonna flame you on your opinion about boot laces, but I will take issue as to these boots being a poor compromise between "safety and dressy". They WERE designed to be motorcycle boots. They may not be the best MC boots, but I think they are adequate for my particular commute. They should be at least as safe as most cowboy boots (and I have worn those most of my life along with combat boots in the military.) The description:

As for changing shoes at work, just didn't think of it, but one of the reasons I went with these were the zippers to speed things up in the morning. Gearing up and down twice a day for a 20 commute does add to time to my workday.

Ok and I respect your opinion and your feeling that they are adequate for your commute. Everyone determines their own risk threshold. As stated, I wasn't judging your choice. In fact I think they are fine looking boots and look like business casual dress shoes as was your goal and IMO any gear is better than no gear. ;)

What, these aren't dress-casual enough for you?

:p

I already look enough like a rather rotund Power Ranger in my silver/gray one-piece Olympia suit, so I have no desire to add any more to that image. :p

Last edited:
I believe the boots Dog is buying are a different lace than we typically think of. With the zippers for normal entry these laces just provide a way to make the boot fit a specific foot and are typically set up with provisions to tuck the ends away to prevent the concerns of laces getting into a chain or something on a motorcycle.

Dog, please let us know how they work out and what they provide for ankle protection.

Ditto. When I ride to work, (geez that seems so long ago) I change shoes at the bike and leave the riding gear in a side case.

That is exactly what I do. Unless it is raining. Then I wear my wet gear right inside the plant and hang it in my office. I used to get strange looks as I stripped down outside but now they are used to it.

Back