• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Riding Boots for Wide Feet?

Hyperborea

Reaction score
Visit site
I have wide feet - really wide feet. I have 10-10.5 4E size feet. It's a bit of a chore to find street shoes that really fit well - Florsheim for dress shoes and Clark's for casual and dress shoes work the best. I've never been able to find MC boots that fit. When I used to ride about 20 years ago I wore engineer boots. I'm currently wearing combat boots when I ride. I quite like the design of the combat boots because they lace up to get the sizing right and then they zip up the inside to take them on and off quickly (great for commuting).

I would like to get some boots with more protection for the ankle and to resist twisting. It would be great if I could find MC boots that come in very wide widths. I'm open to any suggestions. If I had multiple choices I'd probably be looking for something simple, maybe black, not Power Ranger looking, and easy to get on and off (like my current combat boots).

Red Wing boots , they may have what your looking for. Just purchased a new pair lined with Gortex. Cost was $274.00. The previous pair I wore were 11 years old and weathered about 150,000 mi. between 2 bikes. I have wide feet as well so went with the size EEE. Here's the site...good luck:). Red Wing Shoes | Red Wing Work Boots

Just bought a pair of Alpinestars Toucan goretex boots. From a construction standpoint they are a cross between a mx boot and an adventure touring boot. I wear a 12 in my military boots and went with a 12 in the Toucan. That said I could have easily gone with an 11. My only worries were I had more contact with the heel counter and worried that might lead to rubbing on long rides or when walking. The boots are very roomy in the toe box I could easily add another half to full inch of width to my foot and still be fine. My foot is a size 11.5-12 and at it widest point is 4 3/8 in wide. Hope that helps. In addition the armor on these is robust to say the least only second to a true MX boot and vastly better than a work boot which will do little to nothing to prevent your tibia from being split in two.

I have the opposite problem. I would call Revzilla.com and atomic-moto.com and ask them. They both have good customer service reps who ride and know their products so you aren't just talking to an order taker. They each carry some lines that the other doesn't carry.

My feet are just wide rather than extra wide but most boots are too tight for me. I have bought two pairs of TCX Explorer 3 boots (although the last pair I bought might be called something different.
Mike

OCR - those Gaerne boots aren't expensive. What is expensive are the Daytona brand boots. I've found that the Daytona GTX comes in a wide width - US$400 or so. Supposed to be very durable, worn by all the touring bikers in Germany, and are heirloom quality to hand down to your children. Daytona Boots - RevZilla

There is a local guy who carries Daytona boots that are cheaper than Revzilla. The store is Helimot that is run by Helmut - a German guy who also makes custom leather suits and gloves and such. I'm going to find out if he has the wide widths in stock to try out. These are a lot of money and while I can do it I don't want to waste money on boots that are too small. Done that too many times with shoes that seem like they will work but then don't.

Another option that I've found in wide boots is Sidi. Yes and Italian boot - I've never been able to wear those narrow pointy Italian shoes but apparently Sidi makes a couple of models with a "Mega" style for those of us with Mega feet. Currently two models - Vertigo Mega (new) and Way Mega (being discontinued). 'sidi mega' search results - RevZilla

Does anybody have experience with either Daytona boots or Sidi Mega versions?

Back