• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The NM4 Is Out And...

Please don't ridicule the Pacific Coast in that way. I actually kind of liked it!

There's a hidden message there in the NM4 specs. The initial press releases, presumably from Europe, stated that the engine was a 745cc, as found on the NC750X. These specs for the 2015 US model NM4, show the old 670cc engine. Is that a sign the US market is stuck on the smaller engine for awhile?

Also note the severely limited suspension travel on the NM4: 3.9 inches. And only 3.06 gallons fuel? Where do we attach the RotopaX?

Of interest is that they managed to mount an 18 inch wheel up front.

Last edited:
My Google-Fu is weak, and Honda Canada's info rather abysmal, so all I can find so far for our model, is: "...reactive dash with 25 colours, to the angular headlight framed with a stylish LED definition line, the NM4 screams new thinking. Utilizing the long-stroke NC series' 700 class engine which delivers strong, low-end torque through an advanced dual-clutch transmission with fully automatic mode to its fat 200 section rear tire..."

They don't mention any more detailed specs or price that I can see.

the gas tank size is disappointing. I like new and innovative design (that's why I own an NC), but this seems more about style...worse...at the expense of utility.

I bet the reason we are not getting the NC750X is the same reason this model is not being released to us with the 750 engine for 2015. My money is on an emissions issue with the federal government which is getting harder all the time, or it's a pricing vantage. I highly doubt we are getting the NC750X for 2015 with this announcement. At least our manual 51 bhp model wasn't de-tuned like they were in Europe for A2 licensing, so not a big deal. The NM4 at 11k is NOT a smart move. You're paying for styling, not performance. Can't imagine what the NC750X would cost us now with this announcement. Only the smaller CB500X series would be considered a bargain now.

Of interest is that they managed to mount an 18 inch wheel up front.

You have to remember that Honda Steetbikes in the 1970's mostly had 19" front wheels and 18" rear wheels, that was the "Normal" at the time. In the 1980's it was 18" front wheels and 16" rear wheels. In 1990's, that was a confusing time with wheel size combinations, which carried into the next decade. Now the "Magic Size" is 17" for both front and rear...

Nothing "New" at all here. The newer generation of engineers have gone "Full Circle" (Pun Intented) on using what has been "Proven" to work. The only difference is the "Cross Section" of the tires are much wider now than then... :cool:

I kinda like the look of this bike... But I wish it had a bigger engine, and the stoarage makes it about the same as the difference between the NC700X and the CTX700. Both are nice, but the NC wins for me. This new one beats the CTX700 for me at least though. At that price tag, if it was 800+ ccs, it would be great.

You gotta be Judge Dredd to ride this thing...

dreddmotorcycle.jpg

It's pretty bad looking, however check out the handlebar clamps. Looks like there is a new option for people who want risers that come back.
Who is the target audience with this bike, hipsters?

Gigs

You have to remember that Honda Steetbikes in the 1970's mostly had 19" front wheels and 18" rear wheels, that was the "Normal" at the time. In the 1980's it was 18" front wheels and 16" rear wheels. In 1990's, that was a confusing time with wheel size combinations, which carried into the next decade. Now the "Magic Size" is 17" for both front and rear...

Nothing "New" at all here. The newer generation of engineers have gone "Full Circle" (Pun Intented) on using what has been "Proven" to work. The only difference is the "Cross Section" of the tires are much wider now than then... :cool:

All true. My point rather was in dealing with the small clearance between the front wheel and the exhaust/engine/radiator on the NC based machine. Some ADV folks were expressing want for a 19 inch front on the NC700X and the concern was that it might hit the cat pipe or the head, and that investigation was in order before proceeding. Well it looks like Honda managed to get an 18 to fit. I didn't check the rake spec on the NM4. Maybe they did some geometry tweaking that earned them some clearance.

After raising my fender ~2 inches to run the Full Bore/Shink705s I believe an 18 will fit but a 19 won't. My fender rubs on my radiator guard on large bumps. If I understand correctly the fork travel on the NM4 has been reduced so it shouldn't be a problem.

After raising my fender ~2 inches to run the Full Bore/Shink705s I believe an 18 will fit but a 19 won't. My fender rubs on my radiator guard on large bumps. If I understand correctly the fork travel on the NM4 has been reduced so it shouldn't be a problem.

Yes I saw the greatly reduced travel but I assumed the fork tubes were also shortened to get that low slung look on the NM4, making the wheel/engine interference problem the same. But who knows/cares? It's not like I'm gonna buy one!

Yes I saw the greatly reduced travel but I assumed the fork tubes were also shortened to get that low slung look on the NM4, making the wheel/engine interference problem the same. But who knows/cares? It's not like I'm gonna buy one!

I thought you had one on preorder

They must have shortened the forks some. Guess you could get a little more angle with a triple tree change without changing the frame. Who knows....

Back