• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Yamaha copies the Piaggio MP3

If they put a bigger engine in it, then it could be something worth looking at it. I have 90,000 miles on MP3 but 400cc is the minimum acceptable for highway on it for any possible power to climb hills or pass on 2 lane. MP3 is a lot of fun but high maintenance.

For me - only if it comes with that cute girl! He-he-he....

In Europe the MP3 originally came out as 125 and 250cc versions. Droped the 125 pretty quick as underpowered, but in fairness the MP3 is a couple hundred pounds heavier.

MP3 has also taken advantage of slightly wider width of front tires so that by adding a foot brake it is classified as a trike and can be ridden without an MC license even though MC skills are needed to ride it. This has made for lots of sales for Piaggio but the EU is supposedly changing the law to take this license loophole away.

I'm fascinated by how the front suspensions on these guys work (both the Yamaha and the Piaggio)

The tuning fork company appears to have 4! telescopic forks? How cool is that lol. Does the MP3 have similar goings on, or another steering type again?

I've seen single sided front end suspension variants that had the same basic deal- two forks on one side "stacked" like that, but didn't expect to ever see a duplicate with two more, and another wheel :D

I'm fascinated by how the front suspensions on these guys work (both the Yamaha and the Piaggio)

The tuning fork company appears to have 4! telescopic forks? How cool is that lol. Does the MP3 have similar goings on, or another steering type again?

I've seen single sided front end suspension variants that had the same basic deal- two forks on one side "stacked" like that, but didn't expect to ever see a duplicate with two more, and another wheel :D

welcome-to-the-world-of-tomorrow.jpg

Seriously though, I've been watching for a scooter for my wife (she wants one, but doesn't seem to want one badly enough to do something about it) The MP3 was an interesting bike that I thought might fit her, but was kind of expensive... If yamaha has an edge on the price it might be an option...

of course PCX is really leading the pack for price and efficiency, but there is nothing different about the front tires on a PCX....

Seriously though, I've been watching for a scooter for my wife (she wants one, but doesn't seem to want one badly enough to do something about it) The MP3 was an interesting bike that I thought might fit her, but was kind of expensive... If yamaha has an edge on the price it might be an option...

of course PCX is really leading the pack for price and efficiency, but there is nothing different about the front tires on a PCX....
Deending on why you want it for your wife it may not be a good choice. The MP3 is a heavy bike and if it starts to tip tough to hold up. It also has a high seat height which can be a challenge for some. I love my MP3, but it is not the best choice for beginners.

MP3 is a more stable bike and more forgiving in some aspects such as my having an instantaneous blow out at 60 mph, and not knowing I had a flat rear tire until I got to the side of the road and off to look for what happened that caused loud bang and made the bike jump. The Yamaha is much lighter and with the right engine could be a good choice for a beginer.

Back