• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

"No Shift Shootout" from Motorcycle.com

1.jpg

Great video. I road behind Fuzzy going to Daytona Bike Week. I was amazed how he road the automatic NC. It handled like any clutch motorcycle out there. Fuzzy could stop in a Dayton Bike Week crowd at a red light and cross his arms over his chest with the bike ready to roll in gear. Can not do that with a clutch. Just watching the Honda Automatic perform got my attention!

SmileyAwesome.jpg

00.jpg

Nice review. Of course we all know what the best choice would be all along. As I've said before, since I don't live in a city where stop and go traffic is an issue, and since both my vehicles are automatics, I went with the manual NC. However, if I was using it for daily commuting in a city I would choose the DCT hands down. It's just great that Honda makes two different versions of the same great motorcycle.

I really enjoyed the video thank you. Great to see the NC doing so well. As for the BMW scoot, once again if you read some forums there's loads of problems with them - so thanks, but no thanks. A friend of mine has a Mana. He's done over 30,000 miles now and has been extremely reliable.

Thanks for posting the video. I often wish I had known about this bike prior to arriving at the dealer. I really think I may have gone with the DCT. If they ever bring the 750 to the US I would then have two reason to swap and most likely will if that happens. Not trying to change the subject. Just saying I really would not mind having a DCT.

They don't seem to compare too many of the smaller details like the size of the frunk, ABS and such. The Mana is available here and seems to be slightly more expensive than the NC750 but I'd also be a bit concerned about spare parts as Aprilia is not as well represented in SA as Honda is.

Thanks for posting the video. I often wish I had known about this bike prior to arriving at the dealer. I really think I may have gone with the DCT. If they ever bring the 750 to the US I would then have two reason to swap and most likely will if that happens. Not trying to change the subject. Just saying I really would not mind having a DCT.

Moved from CBR to NC, now wants DCT. Next you will be on a 3 wheel Goldwing.

I have a friend who went from an MP3 to a Mana and liked it.

I found the CVT on the MP3 to be high and expensive maintenance. New $100 belt every 6000 to 9000 miles with an hour of work or labor charge each time. Replaced variator at 50,000 miles and clutch at 60,000 miles both from belt wear against the pulley. About $600 in parts plus the effort of a belt change. Went past 9000 miles on belt one time and it shredded 110 miles from home. Major mess and tow charge.

Having seen inside the Mana CVT personally don't want anything to do with it. If it doesn't break the DCT just needs periodic oil and filter change. Another concern for me would be the sparsity of Aprillia dealers in U.S.

I have a friend who went from an MP3 to a Mana and liked it.

I found the CVT on the MP3 to be high and expensive maintenance. New $100 belt every 6000 to 9000 miles with an hour of work or labor charge each time. Replaced variator at 50,000 miles and clutch at 60,000 miles both from belt wear against the pulley. About $600 in parts plus the effort of a belt change. Went past 9000 miles on belt one time and it shredded 110 miles from home. Major mess and tow charge.

Having seen inside the Mana CVT personally don't want anything to do with it. If it doesn't break the DCT just needs periodic oil and filter change. Another concern for me would be the sparsity of Aprillia dealers in U.S.
There was a Mana/700X DCT thread in another forum and an owner or two mentioned the cost of the belt replacement at $900-$1000 and requires a dealers special tool to complete. The belt doesn't go much past 10,000 miles.

I've noticed most of the motorcycle riders who make fun of automatics have never been on one. Modern scooterists know the appeal, especially in the city! Kinda sad I get more howdy waves on a motorcycle than I did on even the big scoot ( Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie). The Scott Beo took me across the US and back in three weeks. Comfortable and fun in one package. Haven't had the chance to see if Nick can top that.
I love my 6 speed Nick, but ugly traffic makes me yearn for CVT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've noticed most of the motorcycle riders who make fun of automatics have never been on one. Modern scooterists know the appeal, especially in the city! Kinda sad I get more howdy waves on a motorcycle than I did on even the big scoot ( Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie). The Scott Beo took me across the US and back in three weeks. Comfortable and fun in one package. Haven't had the chance to see if Nick can top that.
I love my 6 speed Nick, but ugly traffic makes me yearn for CVT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had a few scoots over the years and they've been excellent machines. Unfortunately the world of the motorcyclist is full of prejudice and stigma. The scooter hate thing is rather puerile. At the end of the day a scoot are just another 'powered two wheeler' with a different type of transmission and they suffer exactly the same dangers out on the road as the motorcycle.

Last edited:
Back