• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Accessory installation

bduffey

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've ordered Honda's electrical harness with plug. Not having any real electrical knowledge and being new to the N700, is installing the harness and plug something I would be better off letting the dealer do?

The most difficult thing in putting in the harness is removing the plastics. If you are OK with doing that, plugging in the harness and relay is nothing. Just follow the instructions that came with it.

It is pretty much plug and play electrical wise. Insert fuse in fuse box. Insert relay in fuse box. Connect aux harness to plug on the bike. Connect 12v plug to one of the connectors on the aux harness. Route the wires and cable tie them exactly as it shows in the instructions. Hardest part is dealing with the plastics………where this screw in the illustration? Oh it is in the frunk and then getting it all to line up right when putting it back together………The Honda instructions are pretty good.

The connector on the bike that the aux harness connects to gets a few people. It is on the left rear outside of the frunk. The dummy holder for the connector is molded into the frunk and makes it look like the connector is connected to the frunk but it isn’t. That is just a dummy holder for it so it doesn’t flop around while unused.

Ha! What TheEdge said.........I just used more words.

If I let the dealer do the 600 mile.... should he be removing any of the plastics that would have to come off anyway for the harness install? If so, maybe I will just go ahead and let them install it while the bikes apart.

If I let the dealer do the 600 mile.... should he be removing any of the plastics that would have to come off anyway for the harness install? If so, maybe I will just go ahead and let them install it while the bikes apart.

If you were local, I'd help you on this. I've had all the plastic panels off the bike about 3-4 times already, I can do it in my sleep or blindfolded. I found a procedure that does not require removing the tail section and grab bars. You remove the 4 "POP" fasteners located in the rear wheel well and left up the front portions of rear cowling covers on each side and slip out the mid panels. Use the reverse procedure to install them back on.

It's not that difficult. I have confidence in you...

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

For some reason or and other, the leads on the 12V Accessory Socket is about 48" long. The instructions state fold the wires several times over and zip-tie them down. I cut my shorter and spliced them back together.

Generally the 600 mile service is an oil change, chain tension check, maybe see if there are any loose bolts so the plastics don’t come off.
Pretty sure if you following the Honda instructions that come with the aux harness there is no need to remove the rear plastics. I know I didn’t. Only the left side panels need to cone off. Once you have removed the side panel the first time it isn’t bad since you learn where the screws/tabs/etc are located. I remember there is 1 screw in the frunk, one push pin in the fuct ( fake air duct), and one under the nose that took a minute to interpret from the 2D drawing to the 3D bike.

One technique to keep up with the fasteners is to number them on the drawing and then number the fastener with a piece of tape as you remove them. Then you aren’t scratching your head as to where that left over fastener went.

To install the power outlet you do have to drill a hole in the frunk but the spot to drill is marked.

Back