• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Handy Tools . . .

jelo

Reaction score
Visit site
Did the OEM Heated Grips install this weekend - invovles removing all the side body panels . . .
In another life I was a bicycle mechanic - from there the Park Tool: AWS-1 - 4-5-6mm Allen Hex Triple and ST-3 - 8-9-10mm Socket Triple - are effective tools for accomplishing this kind of work - throw in a #2 Phillips and you've got almost every fastener covered.
Park Tools.jpg

Last edited:
Did the OEM Heated Grips install this weekend - invovles removing all the side body panels . . .
In another life I was bicycle mechanic - the Park Tool: AWS-1 - 4-5-6mm Allen Hex Triple and ST-3 - 8-9-10mm Socket Triple - are effective tools for accomplishing this kind of work, throw in a #2 Phillips and you've got almost every fastener covered.
[/ATTACH]

7.jpg

Without tools nothing gets fixed. And cool tools makes the job more fun.

SmileyThought.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
throw in a #2 Phillips and you've got almost every fastener covered.

For a Japanese motorcycle, if you use a #2 JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) driver instead of a #2 Phillips, you will strip far fewer screw heads. Not everyone knows it, but the cross head screws on the bike are not Phillips head screws. The proper JIS screw driver works much better.

I use the JIS drivers exclusively on my motorcycles. Fortunately, the NC700 uses many hex head and socket head screws, with fewer cross head screws (like in the "old days.)"

Try them! http://www.rjrcooltools.com/vessel.cfm

Last edited:
Yes, a JIS driver is a must. Mine came with one in the sad excuse for a "tool kit" that we got in the US.

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

For a Japanese motorcycle, if you use a #2 JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) driver instead of a #2 Phillips, you will strip far fewer screw heads. Not everyone knows it, but the cross head screws on the bike are not Phillips head screws. The proper JIS screw driver works much better.

I use the JIS drivers exclusively on my motorcycles. Fortunately, the NC700 uses many hex head and socket head screws, with fewer cross head screws (like in the "old days.)

You can also get these from Mcmaster Carr, JIS Screwdrivers

You know...I have been working on my metric bikes for years and it is only with this thread that I have just learned there are such things as JIS screwdrivers. I can't say I have stripped any cross-head screws and probably I could continue to use my American screwdrivers but now, with this newly acquired knowledge I HAVE TO BUY SOME JIS SCREWDRIVERS because I have no will power over getting new tools! You are all evil-enablers! (But I am happy to be part of this group) :cool:

I use the JIS drivers exclusively on my motorcycles. Fortunately, the NC700 uses many hex head and socket head screws, with fewer cross head screws (like in the "old days.)"

Try them! Vessel JIS Screwdrivers

I've cursed those damn "philips" screws on motorcycles for many years and often resorted to an impact driver to get them out. I had never heard of the JIS standard until I saw an article in Motorcycle Consumer News. They are all I use for most screws now because they fit the head so nicely (even standard philips screws).

Another source of JIS screwdrivers is: Vessel Degating Nippers & Blades, JIS Compatible Screwdrivers, Anti Static Solutions, Gate Cutters, Air Tools, EOAT, Bits - Vessel Tools

You know...I have been working on my metric bikes for years and it is only with this thread that I have just learned there are such things as JIS screwdrivers. I can't say I have stripped any cross-head screws and probably I could continue to use my American screwdrivers but now, with this newly acquired knowledge I HAVE TO BUY SOME JIS SCREWDRIVERS because I have no will power over getting new tools! You are all evil-enablers! (But I am happy to be part of this group) :cool:

I had no idea they were different until I noticed that many of the Phillips heads on my old Nighthawk were stripped. The folks on the NH forum directed me to JIS drivers. What a difference it makes!

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

Back