• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Aerostich: ok who has these? Opinions please?

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Hi
Aerostich is one of the "old" brands of great biking apparels.
Who has what and what is good?
I am itching towards a 1-pc Roadcrafter....:cool:

I have read so much about this wonderful suit (only seen it on video and www and magazines) that I must buy one before I stop biking altogether due to whatever reason. And also, it is "affordable" to me now, compared to my teenage days where every penny counts.

~Joe

Last edited:
I am on my second 1 piece Roadcrafter. The first one served me well for 19 years including a 50 mph slide-out in New York with minimal damage. I only replaced it because the old one was looking a bit too "experienced". I have had the new one four years. The current models have an improved waterproof zipper. The older ones were famous for wet crotch syndrome. I believe it is the most versatile piece of protective gear on the market. They aren't vented very well, so at temps about about 80-85F they start to get pretty uncomfortable. With a Gerbings jacket, they are good down to about the freezing point. If I am going on a very long trip I prefer my BMW ComfortShell suit but for shorter rides or any time I need an oversuit rather than a riding suit, it is my go-to suit.

Last edited:
I've had the 2-piece suit for about 12 years...it zips together and can be worn as a 1-piece. It is great and very well made...it's washable and still looks like new. I luckily have not tested it out as well as Beemerphile, but I do agree with him on the venting. Because it is too warm, I now only use it on long journeys, rainy days or when the weather gets a little cooler.

My 1 pc Roadcrafter is the most versatile piece of riding kit I have. They are expensive but will replace several pairs of cheaper pants/jacket combos that wear out before the RC will and so lessens the cost over time. Being able to ride in and out of rain without stopping to add or remove rain gear is worth much and on long tours the RC reduces the bulk of rain liners and thermal liners that might be carried so as to make other types of gear work from the 30 degrees to 90 degrees that the RC does.

My plan is: if I have this Roadcrafter 1 pc suit, wear it over my working (office) clothes, it can be a real option to commuting daily to work (even in winter clear days). Parking is becoming more limited at my office building and I am sourcing for althernatives (of course I like to ride too). Thanks for all the comments. Are the "professional sizing" done by the website via real people, accurate? They recommended me a 42S but said I had better go for 2pc suit.

They can size either suit correctly from your accurate dimensions. It may require customizing if you are too far from the center of the bell curve. I find them accurate to my dress suit size (44 Long for me). The 1 piece suit is quicker to put on and take off and more waterproof. Also, It doesn't have the bunched up fabric and zippers in the middle so it is more comfortable. The main advantage cited for the 2-piece is that you can wear just the jacket. That would also be its biggest disadvantage when it becomes your day to crash. I would go with the 1-piece especially for commuting. It is the king of commuter suits. In the states, they will send you a standard suit so that you can determine how you want it customized. Then you send it back with the instructions. I don't know if that would be feasible with overseas shipping or not.

The only complaint that I have heard is the price. $1,000 is a lot of money, but given the longevity of the suit it seems like a fair trade off. BTW what kind of Financing do they offer? ;)

1310882229.jpg

I have one of these....... When it's real cold, so are you... When it's real hot, so are you... In between it's real nice...........

Last edited:
Happy,

My plan is: if I have this Roadcrafter 1 pc suit, wear it over my working (office) clothes, it can be a real option to commuting daily to work (even in winter clear days). Parking is becoming more limited at my office building and I am sourcing for althernatives (of course I like to ride too). Thanks for all the comments. Are the "professional sizing" done by the website via real people, accurate? They recommended me a 42S but said I had better go for 2pc suit.

My 2 pc Roadcrafter replaced my Darin in '08. I wear it everywhere, I put it on at least twice a day 8 months of the year. Follow their recomendations an you have a 95% chance it will fit corectly. If it dosn't you simply send it back and they make the adjustments. The reason they are recomending a two piece (as they did with me) is that you may have a "long" torso. Today I wouldn't want a one piece..... the two piece is much more versital. I had the zippers replaced with the new waterproof ones, great improvement, though I have been considering just getting a new set of pants, cause they now have belt loops, I really missed that feature after Darian. Kind of nice to just pull of the coat some times, or conversely when your hanging out at a cold campsite to only use the coat.

Pete

Back