• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wet weather gloves WA, OR, and BC??

CGFS

Reaction score
Visit site
So it looks like the weather doesn't want to break to the dry stuff around here despite my wishes. To that note what are my fellow WA and BC riders wearing for gore-tex glove to beat the rain? I'm looking at a pair of klim element pro short shorts (really more of medium length). Any favorites from me fellow everyday wet area riders?

Well I don't currently live in Washington but I am from there and rode in that weather for several years. At times I only had a motorcycle. I am a year round rider and in all conditions. My hands keeping dry is important too. Money doesn't seem to be an issue since your looking at lilm. I'm not familiar with that glove but have read comments on the gauntlet being a little small which could cause problems. Since I don't personally own them I can't say that info is accurate.

I would also look at Held Gloves. They have several that are good. Are you looking for a 3-4 season glove? I own three pair of gloves because I'm never happy when the weather can't make up its mind so I switch often. You may want to look at the Held Cold Champ Gore-Tex Gloves.

You could also look at the KliM Caldera

Last edited:
I have the Held Air n Dry. Work good for spring-summer-fall. My experience with Gortex has been that it eventually leaks and I had that happen with the Helds. After 1.5hrs in a constant rain with no hand guards the thumb started soaking through and then at ~2hrs the whole glove started soaking through. Having said that I do recommend them since being in that long of a rain is rare. They are comfortable, flow good air in the Air side, and are waterproof for my normal rain riding. I also carry these nylon overmittens which work great in the rain and for sub freeing temps they are a total wind: block Nylon Overmitten | Gloves | Motoport | 105.931

I've been very, very, happy with my Rev it! H2O gloves and their Hydratex (fake GoreTex) waterproof membrane. Unfortunately, the ones I have are several years old, (2010 I think?) so there isn't an exact same model still made, that I can find. Mine sort of have a few different features of the "Zoom", the "Kelvin" and the "Element" models.

Being leather outers versus textile, they do soak up water and become heavy and squishy in extreme conditions, but so far in about 3 or 4-ish years of constant wear, they have remained 100% waterproof on the inside.

REV'IT Motorcycle Gloves | BEACH MOTO

Daily rider here in the Seattle/Tacoma area of WA. I can tell you that the Alpinestar "waterproof" boots I own are not waterproof after an hour long ride in heavy rain yesterday proved. :( But I'm on my second pair of Alpinestar WR-3 GTX waterproof gloves and they are, in fact, waterproof! :) I don't have handguards on the NC700 and my hands are sensitive to the cold (google Raynauds syndrom if you care), but they work for temps down to 40 for me as long as the heated grips are cranked up.

These gloves fit me very well and are very comfortable as my winter glove. Leather outside with little impact pads built in. The leather is not very thick, which helps with dexterity but does reduce the life of them because the leather will wear through on the inside of the fingers. I think my first pair went 3 or 4 years of heavy use (I ride 12 to 15 thousand miles every year) before I retired them.

I'm moving to the Monterey area but want something for when the going gets wet. Which it will down there just not as much as it does here. I like the Held air and dry and the look of the fit of that glove but will say that I although it looks quite bulky I do prefer what I perceive to be a slightly higher level of outer hand protection on the Klim Element Long. My big dilemma is that although I like some of the other gloves and do think that the Klim maybe a bit over done in the bulk I get good pricing on them and not on the others so it make it hard to pass on.

Do somewhat like the look of the rev'it vapor h20 gloves as well.

Last edited:
I like the looks but moving to CA they would be too much glove i think. I think the elements seem pretty beefy and the Caldera's are positioned above that in insulative factor.

I like the looks but moving to CA they would be too much glove i think. I think the elements seem pretty beefy and the Caldera's are positioned above that in insulative factor.

If you stick with Klim you really only have two choices when it comes to waterproofness. Looks like you've made your decision. Let us know what you think once you make the purchase. In a month or so I plan to buy a set of Klim Mojave Pro gloves for the summer months in Arkansas.

For summer gloves I really like the looks of the Klim Induction long but like they said on revzilla am not thrilled they chose to leave a huge seam that runs the length of the pinky.

I looked at the Held Air n Dry gloves Held AirnDry.jpg,
but just ordered a pair of Held Rodneys instead held_rodney_gloves_detail.jpg.
The Rodneys aren't waterproof by any means, but they were less than half the price of the Air n Dry gloves. I don't mind having a pair of waterproof gloves and regular gloves if the regular ones are really comfortable in the dry. I've never had a really nice high quality pair of gloves. I am really looking forward to trying out the Held Rodney gloves. Klim makes really quality gear, so I'm sure you'll be happy if you go that route as well.

Last edited:
For summer gloves I really like the looks of the Klim Induction long but like they said on revzilla am not thrilled they chose to leave a huge seam that runs the length of the pinky.

I really like my Alpine star " dry star" apex gloves for fit but haven't had them long and have not tested them in extended rain riding. They seem to run slightly small.

Also- I live in Monterey County so look me up when you move here. Being close to laguna seca is a blast .

I really like my Alpine star " dry star" apex gloves for fit but haven't had them long and have not tested them in extended rain riding. They seem to run slightly small.

Also- I live in Monterey County so look me up when you move here. Being close to laguna seca is a blast .

I'll definitely look you up when I get down to Monterey. How's the pinky side protection/ padding on the pinky side of the hand on the dry stars? They look to be slightly under the amount of protection I am comfortable having on that side of the hand. But can't get a good idea from the photos.

I don't have Raynauds syndrome, but I do like warm dry comfortable hands. I've been using Gerbing T5 gloves all winter. A nice part about them, is they breathe, so when it gets warmer, like high 40s, maybe even 50F, just turn off the heat completely and my hands don't sweat. When it gets colder, just adjust the heat accordingly.

...and they are waterproof. :) I've ridden in some downpours out here and they don't leak at all.

For some non-electric gloves that are also waterproof, I suggest looking into the Olympia Cold Throttle gloves. They don't cost a fortune, but they do well in wet and cold weather. If the temperature drops enough, just add some glove liners and they'll take you down into the 30s.

But they only cost about $55. Nothing like the Klim or Held gloves.

Chris

image.jpg
I'll definitely look you up when I get down to Monterey. How's the pinky side protection/ padding on the pinky side of the hand on the dry stars? They look to be slightly under the amount of protection I am comfortable having on that side of the hand. But can't get a good idea from the photos.

Not much extra padding on the edge but bombproof on the knuckles. My bike by the Andretti hairpin at Laguna; image.jpg

And Mark Marquez at speed. image.jpg

Ahhhh Laguna Seca. First knowledge of this track provided to me by the game Gran Turismo 2. Also known as the track where I crashed cars going over the hill into the chicane.

Not much extra padding on the edge but bombproof on the knuckles. My bike by the Andretti hairpin at Laguna

What's cool to me about this post is that in these two photos you have posted my history with the NC. I moved to Arkansas and immediately started looking for the Honda dealer. I pulled up there website to find they had a 2009 Repsol CBR1000RR for sale at 9K. It only had 4,000 mile on it.

I started talking to the salesman and he asked what I'd be doing with the bike which I told him primarily commuting to work with odds and ends rides on the weekend. His next words were "let me show you something". The rest is history. Still confused on how that happened that day but not disappointed. The same Repsol is still for sale. I may still get it but keep the NC.

My every day commute has me driving 72 miles one way from SW Washington to Salem, Or. What I did was mount hand guards (minus the plastic wind deflector) and install these over the top of them.

oxford-bone-dry-handlebar-muffs-1.jpg

They keep the wind and rain complete off your hands and wrists making for a comfy ride. They are an easy on, easy off install so they'll be coming off very soon for Spring/summer riding.

Last edited:
My every day commute has me driving 72 miles one way from SW Washington to Salem, Or. What I did was mount hand guards (minus the plastic wind deflector) and install these over the top of them.

View attachment 13129

They keep the wind and rain complete off your hands and wrists making for a comfy ride. They are an easy on, easy off install so they'll be coming off very soon for Spring/summer riding.

A co worker of mine has hippo hands on his KLR. I can 't bring myself to ever put something that big and imo gaudy on my bike I understand they serve a purpose but find them to be super ugly. The other issue I have is I like not having anything around my hands and the controls, outside of possibly guards which will be going on the bars hopefully soon. I'm sure they are very effective just am not willing to go that far with function over form.

What's cool to me about this post is that in these two photos you have posted my history with the NC. I moved to Arkansas and immediately started looking for the Honda dealer. I pulled up there website to find they had a 2009 Repsol CBR1000RR for sale at 9K. It only had 4,000 mile on it.

I started talking to the salesman and he asked what I'd be doing with the bike which I told him primarily commuting to work with odds and ends rides on the weekend. His next words were "let me show you something". The rest is history. Still confused on how that happened that day but not disappointed. The same Repsol is still for sale. I may still get it but keep the NC.

Great coincidence. One more; One of my buddies here has a black CBR1000rr and i watched him last weekend tear it up on a track day at Laguna, but he really likes my NC. Especially the frunk when I dropped my 2x helmet in it some jaws dropped......will try to post some pics

Back