• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First wash

Type RSA

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am totally in love with this machine. Cannot stop riding her and I am looking for all kinds of reasons to just go and ride.

So far I have had no issues whatsoever with the bike and it is really making my daily commute a lot easier, and funny enough, a lot less stressful. The DCT box is fantastic, with lightning fast shifts and always delivering the power when it is needed. The brakes are strong enough and should hold up well at higher speeds (Soon to test this theory out). The exhaust sounds quite nice, quite bassy when letting off the throttle at around 4000rpm. The seat has proven to be quite comfortable and I have not felt like slipping off of it once.

She is not the fastest thing around after 120km/h (75mph), but there is still a lot of go, she just feels less urgent. 0 - 100km/h (62mph) is where she really shines. Leaves any traffic far behind at the lights. The bike is also extremely maneuverable, and lane splitting is a breeze. She also feels nice and solid on the road with very little vibration or wind disturbance.

As far as fuel consumption goes I am currently on 4.4l/100km (53.2mpg US/ 63.9mpg UK). I think that is quite fine for a bike that was ridden hard throughout the run in period. I am sure the fuel consumption will yield better results since I can now cruise at constant speed on the motorways and do not have to take the back roads to work to get the varying rpm that the run in period requires.

So if you are looking for a commuter bike with awesome rider feedback and response, then look no further. This machine delivers everything in bucket loads. Loving it!! So after the 1000km run in service I decided to give my baby a wash. Enjoy the pics below....

2_zps87e9d5de.jpg

4_zpse8180107.jpg

5_zps63431038.jpg

8_zps6efa8fd7.jpg

9_zps4754a87a.jpg

3_zps37fcb261.jpg

6_zps92e44e37.jpg

1_zps76d7a0fe.jpg

10_zpsfc8d52f1.jpg

11_zpsf0f86223.jpg

7_zpsecc2e781.jpg

12_zpsc72ecc82.jpg

13_zpsebf9a841.jpg

Great pics RSA - thanks for sharing.

And I know just how you feel - all I would say is that it's far more worthy than just a 'commuter' bike, which unfortunately it's labelled as.

Ride safe mate.... :cool:

Great pics RSA - thanks for sharing.

And I know just how you feel - all I would say is that it's far more worthy than just a 'commuter' bike, which unfortunately it's labelled as.

Ride safe mate.... :cool:

Thank you Del Mar.

I couldn't agree more regarding the commuter label.

Wow, RSA, what a beautiful bike and a great review.

People sometimes trash talk the NC online because it isn't as fast as other bikes or as off-road capable as other bikes or as economical as some of the scooters. If I had wanted a one-trick pony, I would have bought one. Instead, my bike does everything I ask it to do. It goes fast enough. It gets more than twice the gas mileage of my friends HD. I put groceries in the frunk today. All of that and I can't stop smiling when I'm riding, whether it's in town or in the twisties.

I love this little bike. Thanks for the pictures.

People sometimes trash talk the NC online because it isn't as fast as other bikes or as off-road capable as other bikes or as economical as some of the scooters. If I had wanted a one-trick pony, I would have bought one. Instead, my bike does everything I ask it to do. It goes fast enough. It gets more than twice the gas mileage of my friends HD. I put groceries in the frunk today. All of that and I can't stop smiling when I'm riding, whether it's in town or in the twisties.

Agent - I couldn't put it better myself - I've owned many bikes over the years and I really don't need or want a 100+ bhp nutter bike any more.

My X is possibly the best bike I've ever had.

Thanks Agent,

Yep I agree with you fully. This machine is unbelievable and does so much more than just commute. I too have loaded groceries, takeaways, fizzies, etc in the frunk and she just swallows everything without any hassles.

Loving it!!

Agent - I couldn't put it better myself - I've owned many bikes over the years and I really don't need or want a 100+ bhp nutter bike any more.

My X is possibly the best bike I've ever had.

I couldn't agree more Del Mar, she just does everything right!!

Hey guys,

I am totally in love with this machine. Cannot stop riding her and I am looking for all kinds of reasons to just go and ride.

This machine delivers everything in bucket loads. Loving it!! So after the 1000km run in service I decided to give my baby a wash.

6.jpg

Is it raining outside? Someone said wash the bike and ride all in the same thread. Nana could sure use a bath!

smileyRain.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
First wash! My 750X has been washed, dried, polished and WD40'd every time I've ridden it so far, I have about the same mileage as yours too!

But hey, I guess SA hasn't got the rotten roads that we have here in the UK.

Regarding the NCs attributes, I totally agree, it's awesome and definately not a one trick pony.

Thanks guys, Yeah it has been raining non stop for weeks now. So finally got a break over the weekend to wash the bike. Still raining and still riding, so another wash is on the cards in the not so distant future.

@Jelly, I beg to differ. Our roads are currently falling apart due to all the rain. So the roads are in a pretty bad state at the moment. But normally the roads are quite dry which leads to less washing I guess, as there isn't too much spray from wet roads.

@Ridealot - Thank you!!

Last edited:
Back