• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750S or NC750X DCT

logic_28

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a few weeks away from putting in an order for a Honda NC750? DCT, I am not sure what type to go for S or X... (I Like both)

I only use my bike to commute to work Monday - Friday ~15 miles each way (30 Miles Per day) = 150 miles per week, a couple of miles of this is on an A road so would likley get upto 70mph, the reset would be in London traffic filtering (5-40 mph)

The X Model is £400 more than the S Model

If I go for the S model I could use the £400 towards some accessories (Rad Guard, Hugger, Fender Extender, Chain Oiler, Heated Grips etc)

Well my previous bike was a NC700X DCT. So as you can see I like NC bikes. I won't be collecting my new bike until the 1st of March, so I can't really give you any feedback until then.
On a personal level I prefer the looks of the S model, but the X sells in larger numbers. It really is down to your personal preference. The S handles ever so slightly better whereas others prefer the more upright riding position of the X. At the end of the day you have to decide what's right for you.

For your info the S model isn't sold in the USA, so there's not too many people who have ridden the S model on this forum.

Last edited:
best join the UK forum you'll get more info on the 'S' models but stay with us on here,you'll still be welcomed.

I didnt know there was UK NC forum. I will be joining that later.
I really like 750x and thinking of placing an order for new one. I will only use it for fun and weekend rides and possibly tour around Europe in summer time.
Honda is offering a good deal on this bike and you can get it on % APR (in UK). If you are in London go to Chiswick Honda and they'll give you that bike for whole weekend as test ride.

Personally I like the looks of the S model better although I live in the United States and we do not have the model offered. I'd go with the S and use the rest for accessories.

Welcme to the forum and Conrats on making tghe decision to purchase a NC750.

I didnt know there was UK NC forum. I will be joining that later.
I really like 750x and thinking of placing an order for new one. I will only use it for fun and weekend rides and possibly tour around Europe in summer time.
Honda is offering a good deal on this bike and you can get it on % APR (in UK). If you are in London go to Chiswick Honda and they'll give you that bike for whole weekend as test ride.
just becareful with ya words rather touchy folks on there;)

just becareful with ya words rather touchy folks on there;)

I'll second that, especially the admin.

Go for the model that you'll look back at most in car parks once you've got off of it.

My choice was the 750X DCT, in black. :cool:

How could you not look back at this little baby.

2d06e3e668fb50d33bdd54b116717277_zps41e8e707.jpg

Go for the S model. Not that I'm biased or anything..............:p, but it will leave more cash in your wallet for mods, and if any of your modifications have anything to do with the electrical system you'll find the lack of body panels appealing. I've heard that beak is a PITA to put back together.

Also, fewer S riders find the seat to be as uncomfortable as X riders. It's speculated that this is due to the difference in bars and the more forward lean of the S rider.

I'm finally settling on the NC750S in White (Love the Black from the engine/frame against the White metalic plastics)

I'll probably opt for a Scottoiler (E System - NC doesnt support the V System :( )
Main Stand
Honda Heated Grips
Hugger
Radiator Guard
Fender Extender
Fly Screen (Later option)

Last edited:
Your not allowed to post pics of the white one,it kills me lol,just joking.hope you enjoy it as we all do.

So this afternoon I've been to my local Honda dealer and sat on the nc750s and it just didn't feel right, I'm 6"2 and on the nc750s I felt like my knees were quite high and the riding position didn't feel right for me, so instead I took the nc750x (manual) for a test ride and really liked the riding position etc so on 1st March I will be the proud owner on a:

nc750x (DCT) in white,

I've opted for the following accessories:

Honda heated grips
Hugger (Carbon)
Fender extender (carbon)
Radiator guard
Honda main stand

So this afternoon I've been to my local Honda dealer and sat on the nc750s and it just didn't feel right, I'm 6"2 and on the nc750s I felt like my knees were quite high and the riding position didn't feel right for me, so instead I took the nc750x (manual) for a test ride and really liked the riding position etc so on 1st March I will be the proud owner on a:

nc750x (DCT) in white,

I've opted for the following accessories:

Honda heated grips
Hugger (Carbon)
Fender extender (carbon)
Radiator guard
Honda main stand

Apart from the colour and one different accessory that's the same as mine.

Mines a Black DCT, no main stand, but I did opt for the 12v socket.

You're gonna love it.

Once you've 'bedded in' with it we'll have to meet up for a run out somewhere.

I'm sure there's a few more NC owners in our area, I'm in Kent btw, I can see a pack of NCs riding together on a jaunt down to the south coast or something in the better weather.

Apart from the colour and one different accessory that's the same as mine.

Mines a Black DCT, no main stand, but I did opt for the 12v socket.

You're gonna love it.

Once you've 'bedded in' with it we'll have to meet up for a run out somewhere.

Previously all my Motorbikes/Scooters have been Black but I'm trying to go for the brighter colour to help with my visability (Well thats my thinking towards choosing a white NC750x)

I'm sure there's a few more NC owners in our area, I'm in Kent btw, I can see a pack of NCs riding together on a jaunt down to the south coast or something in the better weather.

I would have opted for a Scottoiler but the NC doesnt work with the traditional and much cheaper Vacuum (V System) Scottoiler so instead an E System Scottoiler would be required which was nearly £290 to supply, I also delibrately left off the touring screen and will see how I get on with the stock screen.

I'm also debating on some Handlebar deflectors to help with keeping the outer part of my hands protected from the elements. (Any suggestions?)

Sadly my flip Lid doesnt fit in the compartment up front... Its a Box SZ-1, Size: Large - (Does anyone know a Large flip lid that does fit in the NC? Im long overdue a replacement lid)

I've owned an Aprilia Mana 850 (2008 model) but the fuel economy wasn't the best (120 miles before I had to refuel the 15 litre fuel tank) hence why I chopped it in within a couple of years of owning it so hopefully the NC750 fuel economy and performance keeps me happy...already looking forward to the 8k Miles service intervals (Curent Bike has 4k Miles service intervals and I always seem to be servicing the thing)

Technically Im in Kent :D (I come under Bexley)...

Last edited:
Hi and welcome.

don't wast your money on the v system.
I have a Tuturo oiler and it work brilliantly no mess and chain is nice and wet.
the only thing that I will say is the oil need to be thin for it to work.
you can either buy their oil or make your own.
I choose the latter,mixed engine oil with paraffin ti I get the right mixer for it to flow nicely.

Automatic Motorcycle Oilers

[video=youtube;B5kNVDez95c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5kNVDez95c&feature=share&list=PL0AYtp6qgnPnUM_fEGs0W_gXwgdxSMltm&index=9[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0AYtp6qgnPlN61oWkNrZx5ZSuFChXEus&feature=view_all

Back