• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Phoenix to Globe to Roosevelt Lake to Apache Trail to Phoenix 2/15/2014

Have you ever ridden the Mogollon Rim Rd, using that route to get to Overland Expo at Mormon Lake in May. How about the Chavez Pass Rd to Meteor Crater?

How did those Dunlops do on the dirt road? I've ridden out to Tortilla Flat and to the "End Of Pavement" sign, but never any further.

I keep meaning to head up to Roosevelt Lake and then back down the Apache Trail on my way home, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. How was the weather in that stretch of US-60 around Top of the World? At least the Apache Trail road doesn't look too bad - nice well-groomed dirt, from what I could see in your pix.

Thanks for the pictures.

Have you ever ridden the Mogollon Rim Rd, using that route to get to Overland Expo at Mormon Lake in May. How about the Chavez Pass Rd to Meteor Crater?

Sadly, I have never had the chance to explore Arizona on a bike before, despite having been a rider for over 6 years now. I decided to change that this year, so I will keep those places in mind for future trips :)

How did those Dunlops do on the dirt road? I've ridden out to Tortilla Flat and to the "End Of Pavement" sign, but never any further.

Loose sand is the devil, but that being said, after letting a little air out of my tires for better traction and bump absorption, I think they did very good for 20% dirt tires. Keep in mind that I have 0 dirt experience, and I made it 30 miles off road without any problems, but overall this was a very nice road. Meaning I have a hard time knowing if any problems I might have are more the tires, or me not knowing how to ride in dirt at all.

I keep meaning to head up to Roosevelt Lake and then back down the Apache Trail on my way home, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. How was the weather in that stretch of US-60 around Top of the World? At least the Apache Trail road doesn't look too bad - nice well-groomed dirt, from what I could see in your pix.

Thanks for the pictures.

The weather was fantastic the whole time. Was quite warm when I set out from Phoenix, and nice and cool by the time I got back, but not cool enough to put a liner back in my jacket or switch gloves.

Back