• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Should i go for NC750x

kordun

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone
Im new to this site and would like to hear your opinion. I am new rider and having been around few showrooms i have seen many new bikes but nc750x is something that i really like. I will be arranging test ride in next few days.
Bike will be used for fun, weekend rides and possibly once a year tour around Europe. I have many friends with motorbikes but nobody owns this type of bike, its mainly 1000-1400cc they use so they couldn't give me any advice for nc750x. What is your thought about nc750x?

Many thanks

Hi Everyone
Im new to this site and would like to hear your opinion. I am new rider and having been around few showrooms i have seen many new bikes but nc750x is something that i really like. I will be arranging test ride in next few days.
Bike will be used for fun, weekend rides and possibly once a year tour around Europe. I have many friends with motorbikes but nobody owns this type of bike, its mainly 1000-1400cc they use so they couldn't give me any advice for nc750x. What is your thought about nc750x?

Many thanks

0.jpgHowdy from Texas. The NC7 is great little Honda. The NC7 is a riders bike, not a bundle of power. If you want a bike that is economical for the street, that can do some light dirt duties, and is just fun then the NC7 is for you. This bike is about RIDING!

SmileyOh.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
My view is that the 700X/750X is the ideal bike for touring but probably only if you go touring one-up. The reason I reckon it's so good is that although it perhaps isn't so good on the motorways as (say) a BMW RT or a Triumph Trophy 1200, once you get to your destination like the Alps or western Scotland the bike is magic compared to a big tourer. It's also surprisingly agile for fun weekend rides around country roads despite its weight. If you do spend a few days away you can get by with what fits in the not-tank and what will go in a smallish bag on the back seat or rack. This again makes a big difference to the handling of the bike (compared to using top box and panniers. I find the auto DCT is a real advantage when travelling through cities in Europe. When you need all your concentration to work out traffic flows, road signs and directions, the fact that the bike is so easy to ride is a major plus.
Mike

Hi Everyone

Many thanks

It's my vague understanding that you can't really be a "new" rider in the UK and be able to buy and ride a 750cc bike straight away, so I'm assuming you have at least 2 or 3 years of accumulated riding experience already? Or are you an older person (*ahem* excuse me, "mature" rider), without the same restrictions a youngin' would have?

I say this for no particular reason, just to get a better idea of your mindset going in to this bike. If you are a younger type, it's possible an NCX/S might be a tiny bit on the other side of what most sportbike riders think of as not all rip snorting exciting, and blindingly fast, and worthy of knee dragging wheelie braggadocio with all your mates riding R1's and CBR-RRRR bikes etc.

It's also not something overly comparable to ton-up+ touring in France with your buddies on their ZX1400's and Hayabusas.

I wouldn't get this bike to try and hang with any particular bike owning crowd, or "keep up" with other guys on much faster motorcycles, but only if you truly intend to ride your own ride, on a really, really, well thought out and superb do it all machine.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the NC is slow, or can't do things, just wanting to make sure you are aware it is not designed like a CBR or a GSXR.

Hi Kordun, and welcome from Kent, just down the road from you.

I had most of 2013 bike less, and during that time I sat down and analyzed what I actually use a bike for, not what I dream of doing, what I actually do.

And that, 95% of the time is simply bimbling around the Kent countryside on a weekend simply for pleasure.

So I started to look at mid sized bikes instead of the behemoths I've had in the past and the NC700X caught my attention.

By the time I could afford to buy one the 750 had been released, I'd've bought a 700 anyway if the 750 didn't exist as I'd already test rode the 700, manual and the DCT.

Now that I have my 750X DCT I'm loving it, it's everything I want and need in a bike.

The lack of wind protection is noticeable compared to what I'm used to but it only affects the ride above 70-80mph, I have the stock screen but am going to get some adjusters to raise it up, Theres a few aftermarket screens but I prefer the look of the stock screen tbh.

Be sure to test ride the DCT model too, they seem a lot like Marmite, you either get 'it' or you don't. I defiantly got 'it'.

I've only had it for 4 weeks and only have 670 miles on the clock so far, I'll do a full review after 2000 miles I think.

Last edited:
It's difficult to tell anyone whether or not to buy a certain bike as we all have our individual frame of reference but I'll have a go anyway. The NC is no powerhouse in the engine department but in exchange it is very thrifty on fuel and easy to master. Maintenance requirements are minimal for a motorcycle. The power is more than adequate for highway use and it is quicker than 95% of cars away from a stop to fast highway speeds. Although it's a bit porky in weight it has that Honda magic of losing 100 lbs when moving. When you want that 100 lbs back, say riding 100-130 kph in a stiff crosswind the NC is very stable and resistant to being blown around. The locking frunk storage compartment is hugely practical and with a top case or panniers it tours. I've ridden about 7500 of my total 21,000 miles touring.

Edit to add: The NC is huge fun on a curvy road. These bikes handle really well and I feel you learn a lot more about riding on a good handling bike with adequate power than learning on a bike that has way more power than the rider can use. Learning to chose good corner lines and carrying good corner speed will advance skills much more than having the crap scared out of you with 150+ horsepower machines warp speeding from slow corner corner to slow corner. Maybe the next bike or after that but not now for a new rider.

Hey, just my free opinion. No charge.

Last edited:
It's difficult to tell anyone whether or not to buy a certain bike as we all have our individual frame of reference but I'll have a go anyway. The NC is no powerhouse in the engine department but in exchange it is very thrifty on fuel and easy to master. Maintenance requirements are minimal for a motorcycle. The power is more than adequate for highway use and it is quicker than 95% of cars away from a stop to fast highway speeds. Although it's a bit porky in weight it has that Honda magic of losing 100 lbs when moving. When you want that 100 lbs back, say riding 100-130 kph in a stiff crosswind the NC is very stable and resistant to being blown around. The locking frunk storage compartment is hugely practical and with a top case or panniers it tours. I've ridden about 7500 of my total 21,000 miles touring.

Edit to add: The NC is huge fun on a curvy road. These bikes handle really well and I feel you learn a lot more about riding on a good handling bike with adequate power than learning on a bike that has way more power than the rider can use. Learning to chose good corner lines and carrying good corner speed will advance skills much more than having the crap scared out of you with 150+ horsepower machines warp speeding from slow corner corner to slow corner. Maybe the next bike or after that but not now for a new rider.

Hey, just my free opinion. No charge.

2.jpgDduelin makes a great point in saying "quicker than 95% of cars away from a stop to fast highway speeds". As you fellows from England would say, unless you are into the "Ton", this bike has more than enough power.

smileysmug.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Im 38 and just done my full test, so no restrictions. I have ridden bikes when i was a teenager about 25 years ago and that was only on few occasion using friends bikes.
I dont really need sports bike. I prefer something where you sit upright and ride for fun, weekends mainly, country roads or down to coast and around the town

Im 38 and just done my full test, so no restrictions. I have ridden bikes when i was a teenager about 25 years ago and that was only on few occasion using friends bikes.
I dont really need sports bike. I prefer something where you sit upright and ride for fun, weekends mainly, country roads or down to coast and around the town

Sounds to me like an NC750 would be a great choice, then. You will have to test ride one and see for yourself if it catches your fancy.

If I was "general duty" shopping, and had no particular set of exacting parametres I wanted to check off a list, then sure, there are many other bikes that might catch my eye. Also, don't forget, that you guys over there have different models to choose from than we may get here in North America, so there might be some perfect bikes that we can't offer helpful advice on, as a potentially better alternative.

You might find a CBF600SA or 1000 a really awesome bike that hits the right buttons for you, for example. I would just try to test ride as many as possible first ;)

Well I think you've answered your own question then. I think the NC750X would be an ideal bike for you.

The 750 is just a tarted up copy. Go for the original (and the best) ........the NC700x. :)

I am seeking an opinion. I have an NC700x DCT 2012 model. I am interested in upgrading to a 750 in 2018 if it comes out in April or whenever. Here is the question: is the extra 75cc going to feel different? Next question: Is the adaptive clutch really helpful for low speed feathering maneuvers? Third question: are the engine counterbalancers effective in reducing vibration.
I guess to answer that I may have to get a test ride but test rides can be hard to come by on a hot new model. Dealers don’t got to give you no stinking test ride if all their allocation is sold before you even get there. Anybody out there who has ridden both versions?

The NC700X is already a good bike so the differences for the 750 are going to be marginal. Catalogue the differences and make your own decision.
A little more power and a higher redline may make it feel a bit more sporty. It may have an improved suspension, I think it has Showa forks. Is the seat any better? Is the traction control an important consideration?
What farkles can you transfer and what new ones do you want? Are you ready for a new bike?
The 700 is so good it won't be a clear decision. It has to be up to each individual.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The NC700X is already a good bike so the differences for the 750 are going to be marginal.

Sorry. I just recognized that I am off-base. I thought you were considering upgrading from the 700 to the 750. But I see you're from England so you don't have the 700.
In that case, I will endorse the 750 for your kind of riding. Except for going ridiculously fast it will do everything your friends bikes can do but with a lot less fuss.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Here are the farkles:
• I have a 2012 NC700x DCT with 27,000 miles on it and here is what I have put on in order of what goes across the finish line:
• Headlight protector from Cee Bailey
• 22" windshield with the “nut plates” for the backup which I got from a guy on this website search for "nut plates" and try to get them.
• Fenda Extenda from Pyramid Plastics
• Wide Cramp Buster
• Hand Guards
• Handgrip warmers from Honda. I would recommend Oxford grips for a fraction of the cost and you can install them yourself. The Honda ones are OK but be sure the controller is sealed up with silicone otherwise it will fill with water and require replacement--like mine did.
• A Bar Snake handlebar vibration damper--only necessary if you have to take out the handlebar inserts to put in Hand Guards.
• A centerstand--essential for chain maintenance
• A 12V socket in the trunk but be sure the fuse is located where it can be accessed. Mine wasn't and it cost me $160 to change a fuse. The body work is difficult to get off and on. I even had them put a 5A fuse in place of the 1A which is an electrical no-no but I don't plan on loading it up that much. The 1A was just too puny for words.
• A custom seat from Corbin to replace the medieval torture device from Honda. Most important--get the slope adjusted so the front is higher and you are not constantly sliding downhill. Unfortunately Corbin is only located in Florida and California and is difficult to deal with. Good in the shop but bad in the office. If you buy a Corbin seat be fussy and make them do it until you are completely satisfied. Gel seats and Airhawks don't work for me. Good foam properly shaped, is the ticket.
• I also put on a pair of aftermarket driver’s foot pegs with a larger footprint.
• A set of side and top box GIVI Trekkers 33L sides and 46L top. The top case has a GIVI rack on it for strapping light but bulky things down.
• A set of Pelican inner liner bags from Cee Bailey designed for a Pelican 1550 case which exactly fit the 33L side cases almost like they were custom made. I gave up on the GIVI convertible liner bag.
• 6 tractor document cases for 6 extra 30oz. MSR fuel bottles which gives me about 20 liters of fuel overall. This will make you feel very comfortable in Mexico from El Rosario to Guerrero Negro-a notorious long fuel-less stretch of road. If you have fuel concerns----TAKE IT EASY (50-55 mph) and you will achieve 68 mpg...You will have 5 gallons onboard with the extra fuel bottles which ought to give you 325 miles (no kidding) of range if you use the figure of 65 mpg, but not if you are going at freeway+ speeds.

• Two of the document cases go on just inside the GIVI frames on each side way up high tied up with multiple Zip ties and two are bolted on the top case on either side. The last two are bolted to the rear end of each side case using an adapter plate I had cut at TAP plastics. Picture is taken on my Super Tenere just to show the case adapters.
• A rear hugger on the rear tire which didn't seem to keep things particularly clean. In fact mine broke just yesterday and I took it off and threw it away with no plan to replace it.
• A Garmin and RAM mount for my GPS

I ride a Versys 1000LT and I am horribly spoiled by the engine's astonishing smoothness and passing power. I rode a 2012 NC700X DCT and found the shifting at lower speeds a bit clunky and the power adequate but just that. So I am waiting for the '18 NC750 DCT to see if there's a noticeable power gain and if the newest DCT controller smooths the torque hand-off from one gear to the next. Honda claims it does. The bike is due in Texas sometime this summer, but dealers seem to know nothing about the details, including pricing. Maybe they do know and are just trying to move their existing inventory of 700s? IDK.

Whatever you ride, you get used to it. But I was not going to be happy with the '12 model 700 I tested.

I ride a Versys 1000LT and I am horribly spoiled by the engine's astonishing smoothness and passing power. I rode a 2012 NC700X DCT and found the shifting at lower speeds a bit clunky and the power adequate but just that. So I am waiting for the '18 NC750 DCT to see if there's a noticeable power gain and if the newest DCT controller smooths the torque hand-off from one gear to the next. Honda claims it does. The bike is due in Texas sometime this summer, but dealers seem to know nothing about the details, including pricing. Maybe they do know and are just trying to move their existing inventory of 700s? IDK.

Whatever you ride, you get used to it. But I was not going to be happy with the '12 model 700 I tested.
Imagine the comparison review that goes like this: "I couldn't believe it, the 500 lb 50 hp twin felt just like the 550 lb 110 hp four. The smoothness and power in the half liter bike was uncanny and was the match of the liter bike in every way. Why would anyone would buy and feed a more expensive liter bike when the thrifty half-size twin was just as smooth and powerful?"

Until that review is a reality we have to make do with the facts of the matter as they are today.

The 750 offers 54 hp to the 51 of the 700 in North American tune. The former's gearing is a bit taller so the difference in displacement is not much to notice. I suspect you would not be happy with the 750 either.

I am new rider and having been around few showrooms i have seen many new bikes but nc750x is something that i really like. I will be arranging test ride in next few days.

So...any updates, did you buy one, any news from your scheduled test ride?? :{)

When you test ride it you will probably dislike the seat and screen. Those are easily fixed.

Back