• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The Three Sisters (AKA The Twisted Sisters) - Ranch Roads 335, 336,337a

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
The Three Twisted Sisters (AKA The Twisted Sisters) - Ranch Roads 335, 336,337a

1.jpgWeather in the Texas hill county this weekend, Feb. 14,15,& 16 is in the 70's this weekend. So, I will be off to the hill country to ride "The Three Sisters".1.jpg Most likely will be camping at Koyote Ranch. If anyone wants to ride along send me a PM.

sisters.jpg

Video: [video=youtube;RMBV-t0MsHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMBV-t0MsHI[/video]

smileytexan.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I was retired and riding with you. My wife and I had the chance to ride the Sisters a few years ago. Real good ride! Stopped by the Hog Pen for some BBQ.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I was down there two years ago. It had been really dry and came across a bunch of deer, about half were still alive. One had a buzzard on it. It's not alive anymore. That's one of few places I've been with open range cattle. Crossing a cattle guard on the highway gets your attention.

In Oregon the Three Sisters are three lovely mountains in the Cascades.

I was down there two years ago. It had been really dry and came across a bunch of deer, about half were still alive. One had a buzzard on it. It's not alive anymore. That's one of few places I've been with open range cattle. Crossing a cattle guard on the highway gets your attention.

2.jpgEating at the Bent Rim, and not a single part of mine on this wall, YET!image.jpg

smileycowboy.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Hands down the best day trip for me. Love that area -- you picked a great weekend for it too!

Have fun!

trey

5.jpgI stayed at the Koyote Ranch. This is a biker camp ground, with a lot of bikers there at all times. Lots of fancy RV's with drive on ramps, they cook for the bikers on Friday and Saturday evenings. I got good home make food and Nana Chou got a new sticker.

006.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

I'll start posting the videos, once I get them compiled.

Smileynoevil.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I was retired and riding with you. My wife and I had the chance to ride the Sisters a few years ago. Real good ride! Stopped by the Hog Pen for some BBQ.

4.jpgThree Twisted Sisters , Ranch Road 336, "Leakey"

Enjoy the RIDE !

Video

[video=youtube;-t0hskbrbxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t0hskbrbxA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

SmileySinger.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
0.jpgTraveled a total of 927 miles on this weekend trip to The Three Twisted Sisters. About the same number of turns as Deals Gap, just on 3 different roads within short driving distance of each other.

Worth the trip!

smileyelderly.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
3.jpgMotorcycle Roads has now voted The Three Twisted Sisters as the best motorcycle road in America.

This is the first time I can ever remember Deals Gap falling to number two.

My guess is that because The Three Sisters gives you so many more miles with only a block between two of the roads, that the length of the rides made the slight difference. Also, with all the new camping and motorcycle friendly stores now opening along The Three Twisted Sisters that properly help to push it to Number 1 Motorcycle Road in America!

Motorcycle Roads Website: Top 100 Routes | Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

SmileyCowboyTwoGuns.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
3.jpgI rode 927 miles on this weekend trip to The Three Twisted Sisters. That is 250 miles to The Three Twisted Sisters, 250 miles back home, and 427 when at the Texas Hill country Three Twisted Sisters area. Deals Gap is 11 miles long. A lot more turns and twists at The Three Twisted Sisters in the Texas Hill country than at all the combined roads of Deals Gap.

However, I like both these roads equally. It does not take much to get me to go ride either of these roads. Both great rides!

Heck, it does not take much to get me to go RIDE any road! So many great roads in America !!!!!! So many great roads on this earth !!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Abbott and Costello would say - Ride 'Em Cowboy

SmileyCowbayHatBlack.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Back