• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Visordown NC750X review

Here we go again.....

For a start they’ve got an engine based on a car’s. The starting point for the parallel-twin design was half a Honda Jazz engine.

That article is more of a DCT review than a bike review.

Last edited:
Here we go again.....

For a start they’ve got an engine based on a car’s. The starting point for the parallel-twin design was half a Honda Jazz engine.

That article is more of a DCT review than a bike review.

At the end of the day though Mike, the engine does have some car influence in the design of the NC.

At the end of the day though Mike, the engine does have some car influence in the design of the NC.

As I've said before, since it has reciprocating pistons we could just as well say it was influenced by a Baldwin steam locomotive.

All reciprocating internal combustion engines bear some degree of resemblance to each other.

As I've said before, since it has reciprocating pistons we could just as well say it was influenced by a Baldwin steam locomotive.

All reciprocating internal combustion engines bear some degree of resemblance to each other.

There was a certain amount of collaboration between Automotive and Motorcycle R&D departments in the NC design. The lead designer of the NC stated as such with the late Kevin Ash. Even Honda's own PR blurb mentions a connection.

Honda Worldwide | Global 700cc Engine for Next-Generation | Introduction

And here I thought that at least on this forum the "Jazz engine sawed in half" nonsense had been put to rest.

I never said it was half a Jazz. All I'm saying is that there was some design influence from the automotive world. The Honda article even mentions collaboration between automotive and Motorcycle R&D. The lead designer for the NC also stated he paid regular visits to car side for discussions during the design process.

And here I thought that at least on this forum the "Jazz engine sawed in half" nonsense had been put to rest.

Well from much more engineering educated members on the British forum it seems they only share piston rings on the 700 and nothing else except for the automotive world mentality that suggests a combination of stroke/valve diameters/breathing design to achieve high volume efficiency specifically at low and mid rpms along low rpm torque.
With my thoughts in the mix, since the engine is designed for excellent fuel efficiency which comes along low-mid rpm performance, it seems the engine has weak valve springs and light connecting rods circulating on relatively narrow crank bearings to minimize friction losses as any higher rpm is of no use since the volumetric efficiency is diminishing any higher and friction losses sky rocket.

Last edited:
Well from much more engineering educated members on the British forum it seems they only share piston rings on the 700 and nothing else except for the automotive world mentality that suggests a combination of stroke/valve diameters/breathing design to achieve high volume efficiency specifically at low and mid rpms along low rpm torque.
With my thoughts in the mix, since the engine is designed for excellent fuel efficiency which comes along low-mid rpm performance, it seems the engine has weak valve springs and light connecting rods circulating on relatively narrow crank bearings to minimize friction losses as any higher rpm is of no use since the volumetric efficiency is diminishing any higher and friction losses sky rocket.

Yes I'm not sure where sharing the same rings comes from though I have seen it mentioned.
Read the Honda link I posted.

Leave this for the less educated to endlessly repeat. Sharing a few parts or bore/stroke relationship doesn't make the NC700X engine "half a Jazz motor".

Last edited:
No it certainly doesn't and it's definitely not 'half a Jazz', but there was a certain amount of collaboration on the NC project between the automotive and motorcycle R&D departments.

Another local test of the 750 here states "half a Jazz engine" :mad:@!%#& - these mainstream journalist guys seem to never bother doing their homework, wozza....
I am sure this "half a jazz" mantra has harmed a bit the sales of this groundbreaking bike.

Did anybody else get the feeling the reviewer had never heard of the NC700 series until he was asked to review the NC750?

Did anybody else get the feeling the reviewer had never heard of the NC700 series until he was asked to review the NC750?

7.jpgOne of the things I have noticed from the magazine reviews, is that for the most part the folks doing the reviews are experienced sports bike riders, or experienced adventure riders.7.jpg These are not the folks at all that this bike is intended for! Look at the polls that Honda used when developing the NC700. Look at our forum's type of tires used poll. The intent of this bike (the bike's intended market) is average experienced street bike riders. We have no intent of pushing the bike to any of its limits !!!!!!!!! And guess what, we are over 70% of the riding public. Yes, this bike is intended of every day folks looking for a good value, who just like RIDING!

SmileyOh.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I never said it was half a Jazz. All I'm saying is that there was some design influence from the automotive world. The Honda article even mentions collaboration between automotive and Motorcycle R&D. The lead designer for the NC also stated he paid regular visits to car side for discussions during the design process.

That sounds like the stories I've heard of how the PC800 was designed in California by American Honda.

Back