• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front Turn Signal Wiring

Hyperborea

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the middle of installing some extra lighting (Skene photon blasters in amber with signal) and I'm looking to tap into the turn signal wiring harness. I've got it opened up and I can see 6 wires where the wiring schematic is showing 4. I've got to the left signal: Green, Orange, Orange w/ White; and to the right signal: Green, Light Blue, Light Blue w/ White.

I think that Green is ground and Orange and Light Blue are the signal power. What are the Orange w/ White and Light Blue w/ White wires?

Also, for power for the Skene LED controller would you stretch the wiring out to the accessory sub-harness or is there something closer to use? If I use the sub-harness I'm going to have to tap it with posi-taps anyways since I don't have the right connectors. I can order them (found them online) but it will take a while to get them and I was planning on finishing and buttoning everything up tomorrow.

Thanks

Well, that's it buttoned up. I ended up using the posi-tap for the power to the Skene lights. I still don't know what the O w/ W and the LB w/ W wires are. The Orange and the Light Blue were the turn signals. It looks pretty darn bright and that subtle flicker should get the attention of drivers. The wiring run from the sides of the front fender is a bit cheesy - I ended up running the wire from the left over the top of the fender to the right and then zip tied up the brake line.

Getting the plastic off and then back on was a bit of a pain. It was my first time doing it so it took a bit longer than I would hope in the future. I half broke one of the plastic rivets. I'll have to get a few to keep around. I did the power outlet into the frunk while I was in there.

The Admore light on the back went in far, far easier.

Good post. How many parts, panels, steel etc to install the Ardmore rear light. I need to install mine and I looked under the rear seat and there are a few bolts to remove. However, I have no idea what need to be removed to get down to the wiring harness because I don't have the service manual (in order). I am very handy and installed MadStad, hand guards, hugger, new pegs, and bar risers with no problem. I have never worked on electrical systems. So, I am a bit hesitant.

Well, that's it buttoned up. I ended up using the posi-tap for the power to the Skene lights. I still don't know what the O w/ W and the LB w/ W wires are. The Orange and the Light Blue were the turn signals. It looks pretty darn bright and that subtle flicker should get the attention of drivers. The wiring run from the sides of the front fender is a bit cheesy - I ended up running the wire from the left over the top of the fender to the right and then zip tied up the brake line.

Getting the plastic off and then back on was a bit of a pain. It was my first time doing it so it took a bit longer than I would hope in the future. I half broke one of the plastic rivets. I'll have to get a few to keep around. I did the power outlet into the frunk while I was in there.

The Admore light on the back went in far, far easier.

I would love to see some photos, maybe a video. I am wanting to add extra lighting to the front of my NC700x also.

Ok, here is a photo of the wiring on the front for the Skeene lights. The clip in the middle was at first intended to be temporary but it works so I haven't bothered to change it. It's sticky cable tie down that I used when I wired up the TV/stereo and needed to run wires behind the entertainment unit cabinet. It does the job and nobody seems to notice.

As for the lights themselves, they are great. They do seem to attract attention and I have had far fewer issues of people turning in front of me or cutting me off. They are definitely worth it.

SkeeneWiring.jpg

Last edited:
The Admore was easy to wire up. I mounted mine on the bottom of the license plate bracket and then routed the wire up behind the plate towards the reflector. I needed to notch the bottom of the reflector housing out a small amount - used a utility knife to start the cut and then a round file to finish it off. Once the wire is up behind the reflector it's easy to take it up to the wiring panel above the rear tire. The wiring is pretty straightforward. The wires for the standard brake and turn signals are right there to connect to. I don't remember the exact colours of the wires connected to but I followed a wiring diagram that I found through this site. You will need to unwrap the wires and then to rewrap them with electrical tape.

Admore1.jpg
Admore2.jpg

Back