• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

camping on the NC this weekend

searsboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my bike loaded and ready for a camping adventure. We will ride concrete, asphalt, gravel & two track. The weather is supposed to be very good with sunny skies, highs around 70 and lows mid 40's. Hopefully I will come back with pics and videos! :)

1.16.2014 camping 01.jpg1.16.2014 camping 07.jpg

Enjoy the ride and the adventure. I'm jealous about the riding part...not so much the camping. Roughing it for me is staying at a hotel that's not a Marriott. ;)

lol
Me too...usually. I haven't camped out on a mc ride in over 20 years!This is an experiment to see if we can handle roughing it. We have a 9 day ride to Big Bend next month and the short ride this weekend will determine whether we camp or not.

Here's my bike loaded and ready for a camping adventure. We will ride concrete, asphalt, gravel & two track. The weather is supposed to be very good with sunny skies, highs around 70 and lows mid 40's. Hopefully I will come back with pics and videos! :)

1.jpg

Have a great adventure.

SmileyTwoThumbs.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
When I started riding 5 years ago I also started camping. One great thing is the fellowship. It is rare to meet someone and make friends in a Marriot, but camping you will. Lots of motorcyclists camp so plenty of sharing riding stories over a campfire. And $15 for a campsite goes a long way to pay for the MC when compared to $150 for a Marriot.

paid camp ground, or camping out where you can get away with it.?

Paid...where we can get away with it! lol

When we go to Big Bend next month some of the camping will be in very remote areas where you can camp anywhere ya dare. Out there you're very close to Mexico and I've heard the wetbacks will steal everything you've got. Here's a great ride report about the area.

A CannonRide Around the Bend (Big Bend Region) - ADVrider

max, it's a Gears Navigator tailbag. It does fit well and on this ride I have it pushed back on the tailplate, so accessing the fuel filler is easier. In the past I've positioned the bag on the passenger seat (as seen on the pics), where it's really designed to go, and I have to loosen straps to lift the rear seat.

loaded - seat strap close up.jpg
loaded - close up.jpg

When I started riding 5 years ago I also started camping. One great thing is the fellowship. It is rare to meet someone and make friends in a Marriot, but camping you will. Lots of motorcyclists camp so plenty of sharing riding stories over a campfire. And $15 for a campsite goes a long way to pay for the MC when compared to $150 for a Marriot.

Well I'm not disputing your opinion. I admire those who prefer to camp out and can definitely see the allure. To each his own...and because I travel a lot for for work when I travel on the bike I usually stay for free at Marriotts. My brain may say "camp" but my bones say "hotel". :D

Well I'm not disputing your opinion. I admire those who prefer to camp out and can definitely see the allure. To each his own...and because I travel a lot for for work when I travel on the bike I usually stay for free at Marriotts. My brain may say "camp" but my bones say "hotel". :D

EXACTLY why we're doing this trial run with camping this weekend!!!! :cool:
Camping sounds cool and the stars are gonna be fabulous, but I needs my sleep (comfort) too!

I myself spend an average of 15 nights a month in hotels for work and have plenty Hilton Honors points. For my preference I want something different on my own time. Just pointing out there are some benefits to camping that offset some of the comfort challenges. I really enjoy meeting other motorcyclists and meet many more in camping areas then anywhere else. The ultimate is campgrounds aimed at motorcycle like Two Wheels of Suches in Georgia, Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground and Irnhorse in North Carolina and Willville Motorcycle Campground in Virginia of even the infield of Dayton speedway during bike week.

I myself spend an average of 15 nights a month in hotels for work and have plenty Hilton Honors points. For my preference I want something different on my own time. Just pointing out there are some benefits to camping that offset some of the comfort challenges. I really enjoy meeting other motorcyclists and meet many more in camping areas then anywhere else. The ultimate is campgrounds aimed at motorcycle like Two Wheels of Suches in Georgia, Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground and Irnhorse in North Carolina and Willville Motorcycle Campground in Virginia of even the infield of Dayton speedway during bike week.

8.jpg

You nailed it solid, Fuzzy. Never meet any folks staying in a hotel room. Sure meet some great folks in camp grounds. At any motorcycle event, the fun is at the campgrounds. Ask anyone who has stayed at the "Buffalo Chip".

SmileyTwoThumbs.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:

That's great Fuzzy. It sounds like you really enjoy the whole camping experience and meeting other riders. We all have our preferences with bikes, lifestyles, interests and accommodations to name a few. We also all have our different expectations. I am happy that you find your joy riding and staying in a manner that suits you. I mostly prefer the solitude of riding and at the end of the day am happy to spend time alone with my thoughts...or my wife. I'm not into group rides or gatherings and I feel I meet enough people in other aspects of my life. Like I said...to each their own.

Back