• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Between the NCX 700 and the NCX 750 ....

Looks like a nice write up - will study!
Fast forward to the BIG question: You noticed the same consumption rate to the 670cc engine???

Just pasted the link in Google. Good read. It will take a second to read but good info. Now if I only had the oppurtunity to buy one. Nope. No worries.

I read the review, it was a bit too story driven for me though :eek:

Some things I take away from it are:

1) Definately more grunt
2) Dunlop tires instead of Metzelers
3) Roughly about the same fuel consumption (although you did mention once that it seemed to guzzle on one fill up)
4) You mentioned a couple times how the suspension felt more dampened to you. (I didn't think they did anything with the suspension though?)
5) You really did not like the shift intervals of the DCT and preferred manual.
6) You didn't seem to enjoy the braking mechanics

Don't mind me, just some observations I took from your read up.

Now if I only had the oppurtunity to buy one. Nope. No worries.

Yep, same boat here.

A wonderful thread. Plus I read your link with interest. Thanks heaven's for Google translate.. :) The pictures are beautiful, no wonder France is my most favourite country to visit.

When it comes to the states (if), it wont have that much noticeable gain in power (if any). Our NC700Xs in the states already had more power than the NC700Xs sold in Europe. Ours are already 51 HP and the NC750 is 54 HP (both at the crank). Will anyone on this forum really tell the difference of 3 HP and less than 3 lb/ft of torque (I doubt it). The NC700Xs in Europe had numerous less HP due to their tiered licensing system, so they probably can notice the increase in power to 54HP.

When it comes to the states (if), it wont have that much noticeable gain in power (if any). Our NC700Xs in the states already had more power than the NC700Xs sold in Europe. Ours are already 51 HP and the NC750 is 54 HP (both at the crank). Will anyone on this forum really tell the difference of 3 HP and less than 3 lb/ft of torque (I doubt it). The NC700Xs in Europe had numerous less HP due to their tiered licensing system, so they probably can notice the increase in power to 54HP.

Yes, because along with the HP increase they added taller gearing. It should be noticeably different.

only 75 cc more?

I had chance to ride the new NCX 750 during 1400 kilometers and the new is different with more powerful engine at average speed.

And the new red colour is so beautiful.

My impressions (in french) here: Honda NCX 750: la NCX s'étoffe

7.jpg

From what I have read the difference is with gear rations (do not hit delimiter as quick), another engine balancer to run smoother, and a few more cc's.

SmileyTwoThumbs.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a nice write up - will study!
Fast forward to the BIG question: You noticed the same consumption rate to the 670cc engine???

The consumption is equivalent and it is a pleasant surprise. I noticed 3,59 l/100, then 3,48 l/100.
The second day 3,89 l/100 with wind, 4,18 l/100 after a steady rhythm and wind against and, to finish, 3,24 l/100 after more quiet rhythm.

1) Definately more grunt

Yes, that's right and It's very pleasant

And the Dunlop are very good particularly in the rain

4) You mentioned a couple times how the suspension felt more dampened to you. (I didn't think they did anything with the suspension though?)

During the first kilometers, I asked myself the question but, in the end, I consider that it is as firm than on the NCX 700. It's the reason why, if I bought it, I would buy a Fournales, a very good french shock absorber, with air.
I got it on my Transalp and It was fantastic and very robust. Fournales - Catalogue

Yes, I prefer to choose the moment to change gear and this gearbox is as quick as a flash. I love it!

Yes, I regret the CBS brakes of the NCX 700

I test rode an NC700X DCT back in the summer, but only had a couple of hours on it.

Since putting the first 200 miles on my new 750X DCT the most prevalent difference I've noticed is that I remember the 700 being just a tad too juddery at low speeds, the 750 does not have that characteristic, instead it's just pure torque from low revs.

Also I'm finding the gear changes in D mode are spot on, just where I would change up and down on a manual.

More reports to follow as the mileage goes up.

Edited to add.....

Oh yeah, I got an average of 78mpg (uk gallons) from the first tank.

Last edited:
Salut Christian, bienvenue sur le forum et merci de nous faire le résumé sur la NC750X. Je vais tout lire en détails ce soir pour ne rien manquer. Méchantes belles photos !
Bienvenue sur le forum !

My impressions (in french) here: Honda NCX 750: la NCX s'étoffe

Thank you very much for the extensive report - I AM SOLD ! :)
Both to the NC and riding over there as well !

I would like to read a brief report vs the TA700 I understand you have.

Also, have you ridden the S model by any chance?

Was there any time at all you missed the ability to control the clutch yourself? (I am convinced Honda could easily introduce an added clutch-by-wire feature on the DCT if they wanted - this would be neat for proper off road on an AfricaTwin :cool:).

The idea you have for the P mode is great - personalized shifting maps via USB would be nice but they will never do this due to legal fears...

I understand you found that the S mode downshifted earlier than you liked in twisty roads?

Also, was there a time in the rain that you wished for traction control or when riding long straights for a cruise control?

P.S Just saw you have even less posts than me - welcome!

Last edited:
I saw a strip of metal under the rear fender. Is this a retainer for shock protection ? Nice black engine, albeit more difficult to keep clean. Handsome bike.

1) Definately more grunt

That’s right. The engine is more meaning, with more power at average speed. Very pleasant!

These tires are very good, especially on wet road. It is very reassuring

At the beginning, I asked myself the question, but I noticed the shock absorber is a little bit firm and that's why, if I bought this motorcycle, I would equip it with a french shock absorber Fournales. It’s a special equipment with only air and I got one on my Transalp. It’s very comfortable and very robust. I moreover kept it during 350 000 kilometers with my three Transalp. Fournales - Catalogue

Yes, I prefer to choose the moment when I change gear. And this gearbox is as quick as lightning. Fantastic on a mountain road when you decide to raise the rhythm. But, sometimes, when I was tired or when I just wanted to idle, the automatic mode was pleasant. You have the choice and It’s easy to change the mode when you want.

I regret the CBS brakes which are so secure, for instance to “sit down” ( I’m not sure it’s the good expression, excuse me I’m not very good in English!) the motorcycle in a bend, if you arrive too rapidly

Thank you very much for the extensive report - I AM SOLD ! :)
Both to the NC and riding over there as well !

I would like to read a brief report vs the TA700 I understand you have.

I'm going to try to answer, because I'm not sure to well understand english.

I got Transalp 600, only this model (I got three and there were fantastics machines ans so good travelers: Quatrième partie:1993-2007, le bonheur motocycliste ou quatorze années au guidon de mes trois Honda Transalp ).

And I rode two times with the 700 Transalp which is a good motorcycle too. But I prefer the NCX, softer, more silent, consuming less.

Also, have you ridden the S model by any chance?

No, I didn't. I prefer the trails

Was there any time at all you missed the ability to control the clutch yourself? (I am convinced Honda could easily introduce an added clutch-by-wire feature on the DCT if they wanted - this would be neat for proper off road on an AfricaTwin :cool:).

My preference goes towards the manual mode which is very fast and which allows a sports driving on mountain roads. Very pleasant!

I understand you found that the S mode downshifted earlier than you liked in twisty roads?

That's right. It's the reason why I prefer manual mode. I, prefer to choose the moment to change gear but I recognize that the automatic mode is pleasant sometimes. It's not a problem because you can choose, when you want, your mode.

Also, was there a time in the rain that you wished for traction control or when riding long straights for a cruise control?

My opinion, after 30 years and 800 000 kilometres riding, is that the traction control is in your brain ...and in the right hand which commands the acceleration. And , with this power, it's completely useless, even in the rain. Cruise control? With the roads on which I ride, I think it's useless, too.

Last edited:
I'm going to try to answer, because I'm not sure to well understand english.

Merci bien pour votre response - ceci n'est pas un problème pasque je ne parle les Francaise bien mois aussi! :rolleyes:

I rode two times with the 700 Transalp which is a good motorcycle too. But I prefer the NCX, softer, more silent, consuming less.

How much different these two felt, the TA700 vs the NCX? Engine behavior and chassis geometry?
Have you ever ridden the Translap 650?

I prefer the trails
My preference goes towards the manual mode which is very fast and which allows a sports driving on mountain roads. Very pleasant!
Since you mentioned the AfricaTwin, I know from personal experience that there are circumstances with a big loaded bike in dirt roads that you have to "flare" rpm and abruptly use the clutch to pass a tight spot like some fallen tree that blocks the forest road and you have to go around the obstacle or if you get stuck in some mud hole - not talking about "sport" off road riding but about a tight stopped situation you have to use the engine inertia to pull the bike out of a particular trap. In such a case a clutch lever becomes a necessity.
Did you ride any dirt roads? Do you feel that the DCT lacking any manual clutch control could be in disadvantage in such use? The NCX DCT will see not AfricaTwin use for sure - just wondering...

My opinion, after 30 years and 700 000 kilometres riding, is that the traction control is in your brain ...and in the right hand which commands the acceleration. And , with this power, it's completely useless, even in the rain. Cruise control? With the roads on which I ride, I think it's useless, too.

So I understand torque output/rpm rise rate even in very bad road/weather conditions is fully controllable? The lack of a clutch lever makes no control difference while riding in frozen and wet hell conditions even at very low speeds?
And cruise control is of no use because throttle control is light to keep open for long when on prolonged straights? (Obviously not needed in twisty roads).

How much different these two felt, the TA700 vs the NCX? Engine behavior and chassis geometry?
Have you ever ridden the Translap 650?

The NCX is more lively, easier in the bends. And the engine so soft and silent. And with a lesser gas consumption.

I have ridden two times the 650 ( only about 100 kilometers) but I know the 600 which is very similar. Indeed, I got three 600 Transalp and rode during
390 000 kilometers with them ( Quatrième partie:1993-2007, le bonheur motocycliste ou quatorze années au guidon de mes trois Honda Transalp ). Compared with the NCX, the Transalp 600 (and 650) is better for off road, more comfortable with shock absorbers "longer" ( I don't know the exact word in english).

With the Transalp, you can easily ride in off road as I made in Marocco, Turkey or Egypt.

Since you mentioned the AfricaTwin, I know from personal experience that there are circumstances with a big loaded bike in dirt roads that you have to "flare" rpm and abruptly use the clutch to pass a tight spot like some fallen tree that blocks the forest road and you have to go around the obstacle or if you get stuck in some mud hole - not talking about "sport" off road riding but about a tight stopped situation you have to use the engine inertia to pull the bike out of a particular trap. In such a case a clutch lever becomes a necessity.
Did you ride any dirt roads? Do you feel that the DCT lacking any manual clutch control could be in disadvantage in such use? The NCX DCT will see not AfricaTwin use for sure - just wondering...

With the NCX 700, I rode a few kilometres off road, easy off road. Actually, the DCT takes care of everything and I think it's not the best in hard off road. But, it's very pleasant to control the power because, exactly, it pulls the engine in a very progressive way.

So I understand torque output/rpm rise rate even in very bad road/weather conditions is fully controllable? The lack of a clutch lever makes no control difference while riding in frozen and wet hell conditions even at very low speeds?
And cruise control is of no use because throttle control is light to keep open for long when on prolonged straights? (Obviously not needed in twisty roads).

With 55 horse power, you can control the motorcycle easily. And for me, with so light throttle control, cruise control is not necessary.

Very nice photos!
Let me guess: A new Transalp based on the NC DCT would be your ideal bike?

In my test, I imagined a new model, based on NCX.

In french: "D’ailleurs, la base de cette moto me semble tout à fait adaptée au développement d’une version voyageuse. Il suffirait de demander aux ingénieurs motoristes de Honda dont la réputation n’est plus à faire, de tirer 10 chevaux de plus de ce moteur quitte à mettre de côté l’aspect consommation, de remplacer le coffre très pratique au demeurant, par un deuxième réservoir de 10 litres pour une autonomie exemplaire, d’installer des suspensions à plus grands débattements, une roue avant de 21 pouces, des jantes à rayons, un pot d'échappement relevé, un beau sabot de protection en alu, un carénage plus sportif, des couleurs différentes."

I' m going to try to translate in english:

Moreover, the base of this motorcycle seems to me completely adapted to the development of a traveler version. It would be enough to ask to the motoristes engineers of Honda to pull 10 horses more from this engine , replace the very practical trunk by the second 10 liter tank for an exemplary autonomy, settle absorber shocks with bigger clearances, a 21 inches front wheel , spoked wheels, a high exhaust pipe, aluminum protection of the engine, different colors.

Back