• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Motorcycle stand from Harbor Freight

Last edited:
Thanks for the link!

I will be getting the center stand, but probably not until I do my first service at the dealer. I will order it and have them go ahead and put it on while it is there

Last edited:
I used one until I got my center stand. It served its purpose well enough for the cost. It also took a little getting used to because the handle would be very close to the rear fender/tire.
That a pain sometimes, but I dealt with it.

yep same experience. you get what you paid for it. you have to put it further ,pass rear sprocket of the bike,cause those thingies on sides will contact bolts on sprocket and you won't be able to turn rear wheel. the further it go-the harder to lift the bike. i have to actually balance the bike(holding it straight with one hand ,while sliding the stand.) not a pleasant experience,compared to regular spool stands that i've used on sports bikes.

I have one of those.used it once,I don't like how hard the bike went up with it.feels like it won't hold up once it is up.the center stand is way better.

When you work on the bike while the rear is raised on the HF stand, be careful because if you work too intently the bike will tend to slide off the L brackets on the stand. I had to catch my bike several times to save it.

When you work on the bike while the rear is raised on the HF stand, be careful because if you work too intently the bike will tend to slide off the L brackets on the stand. I had to catch my bike several times to save it.

put it into the 1st gear? at least it should prevent further move forward as the rear wheel touch the ground?

I have that very stand, and it works just fine. it's not bent, and it works as advertised.
I would buy it again.
Make sure you get the squared fittings that rest on the rear arms. Those fittings weren't taped to the unit I got, and I had to go back and ask for them.

I have one of the Harbor Freight stands also, and it's not one of my favorite HF purchases. As others have stated. the handle is very close to the rear of the bike while you are trying to raise it and I have to try and hold the bike straight up with one hand and the stand with the other when trying to lift the bike. Cycle Gear sells a stand that looks more like the Pit Bull or T-Rex style which seems to be a lot more sturdy and secure. They periodically put it on sale for about $50 and to me that would be a much better deal.
Just my two cents. Others have the HF and like it, but it didn't work well for me.

Bob

I have Harbor Freight rear stand 99701 and it worked great for my Aprilia Shiver 750 because that bike had swingarm spools. The owner's manual shows a part called Paddle Adapters (not included) which also are no longer available (I called them yesterday). Does anyone know of a source for the Paddle Adapters?

Back