• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Paddock stand bobbins

Jelly

Reaction score
Visit site
As some of you may know, I haven't got my NCX yet but have looked at a lot of pics of the swingarm and can't see where a set of paddock stand bobbins would be fixed, or am I just being a bit thick?

As some of you may know, I haven't got my NCX yet but have looked at a lot of pics of the swingarm and can't see where a set of paddock stand bobbins would be fixed, or am I just being a bit thick?
No you are not being thick. You can buy some swingarm spools (bobbins) that attach to the swingarm using the rear axle, but they are not very useful for using a track stand to remove the rear wheel. As you have to remove the rear axle and spools to remove the rear wheel. That is why I purchased a center stand for my bike.
But they are useful for cleaning and lubing the chain.

Thanks Pismo, I didn't opt for the centre stand, I'm not sure why really, probably just me being tight.

I'm guessing the spools won't be any good to adjust that chain either then?

I have access to a good quality bike ramp/lift that locks the front wheel in and keeps the bike upright, I guess I'll just have to use 2 small hydraulic jacks to raise the rear wheel?

Actually, if I recall correctly, the chain can be adjusted with only the side stand, right?

The manual only gives the tension figure for the bike on the side stand - so the measure won't be right if you use 2 jacks to lift the rear wheel.
I don't know why you'd want to do that - it's easy enough to do the adjustment with the bike on the side stand any way - it just means a bit more scrabbling around on the ground.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not sure what's available where you are, but the paddock stands I have (bought for my CBR) have the optional pads for the rear stand, which lift directly on the swingarm. Perhaps that's an option to consider, if available.

Not sure what's available where you are, but the paddock stands I have (bought for my CBR) have the optional pads for the rear stand, which lift directly on the swingarm. Perhaps that's an option to consider, if available.

Mine also has the hooks on the rear stand that work on swingarms!!!

You can adjust the chain by using the side stand, but it is more difficulty and harder to torque the rear axle nut without disturbing the rear wheel alignment. You can get a paddock stand that has L-arms, (instead of hooks/bobbins), to grasp and lift the swingarm as others have suggested. I use the center stand to adjust the chain and then double check the chain sag when I lower the rear wheel on the ground after removing the center stand. I'm sure you could do this also using one or two jacks. Just be sure to check the sag after lowering the bike after removing the jacks.

Actually, if I recall correctly, the chain can be adjusted with only the side stand, right?

I got a swing arm stand off of harbor fraight that goes around the swing arm also. It seems to be well built also. It's been holding my nc up for a couple months now due to snow and ice:(..... I think I paid somewhere around $30 for the stand though.

Back