• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dakar Rally 2014

Alfred_bham

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dakar 2014 launched yesterday!! Unfortunately I missed the TV coverage of the first day but now have the "Series" set up to record!! What I do know is that "Honda" returned to Dakar last year with several HRC CRF450X based motorcycles!! They did pretty well in 3013 but this year have started with the Stage 1 win with a very fast Brit rider!! The KTM's have the very fast Roma but lost DePres (sp) to Yamaha & of course also they lost the American (One of my favorites) Kurt Caselli who was killed while leading the Baja 1000 2013 last November!!

Dakar coverage is on the NBC Sports Channel every day (I think) for the next couple weeks!!

Slight correction there . Honda did win the first stage but the rider was not Sam Sunderland from the UK. Barreda Bort of Spain won the first stage for Honda and Sam won the second stage also for Honda.

Sorry, , , I missed the TV coverage & went to the Dakar Website!! << Homepage live stage 3 :Dakar >> I obviously looked at Stage 2 that listed Sunderland as the leader!!

For me though, , , , Honda winning the first two Stages is GOOD!! :) This Dakar is going to be a great one!! Coma & Despres are in the Hunt!!

Oh, , , the site I listed above is the US site, , , don't know what it is in Ireland!!

I had the pleasure of visiting Ireland last May before hopping over to the Isle of Man for the TT!!

AK

Slight correction there . Honda did win the first stage but the rider was not Sam Sunderland from the UK. Barreda Bort of Spain won the first stage for Honda and Sam won the second stage also for Honda.

Barreda (Spain) won the third stage (Honda) with Despres (France) on a Yamaha followed by Coma (Spain) on the KTM!! Stage two winner Sunderland (UK) on a Honda finished a distant 75th!! While I love the fact that the HRC Honda's are doing really well Coma and Despres are doing what they do so well, , , , inching towards the front!!

The US TV coverage is a basic, , half hour summary of the day!! Not enough but if that's the cards dealt, , , then I like it!!

Back