• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Electrical power output?

radiotinnitus

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know how much electrical power the nc700 puts out for accessories. My dealer hasn't been able to answer this question yet.

I don't have my bike yet, but I've ordered the heated grips. I'd also like to purchase some heated clothing for cold weather riding. Will I run into problems with keeping the battery charged up?

Thanks for any info.

To the best of my recollection from perusing technical specs over the last few months, I believe the electrical power output maximum is 440 watts on the NC700.

Honda offers heated grips for the NC700X as a purchased option, so it appears the bike is capable of supporting them. Having just a single 55 watt headlight and no elaborate electricals, the base power draw should be relatively low, leaving a bit of extra capacity for accessories.

Last edited:
Does the Gebring stuff really work?
This could spell the end of my winter-no-ride policy....
:p

I mean, some days are so sunny, it is insane to stay home.
But then what about winter tires? Oh dear...you have started me thinking.

Did anyone use the battery-charged ones?
Can I charge it while on the go? And then disconnect it when it is fully charged?
The gloves seems to be the first thing I would consider buying. Cold hands are bad.

after reading some more, I think the battery-operated jacket is great!
I can also use it for hiking etc.

Any idea any OTHER brands of such heated jackets / gloves?
This could solve my winter discomfort problems!!!
Why didn't I think of that?

Last edited:
I will say that I stay very warm while riding My Goldwing. On some below freezing days, I have stopped to turn the heat down.
I went with this heated gear so I could use it on my tractor and 4-Wheeler for plowing snow.
Money well spent, in my opinion.

Thanks for the replies.
I am also wondering about the rechargable battery powered jackets. My impression from reading is that they are not as warm as wired electrics and might not be suitable for motorcycling?

The specification in the Service Manual is .42k/W. Isn't that 420 watts?

Yes, but the rating is at 5,000 rpm. Chances are you are not cruising at 5,000 rpm. Unfortunately, they do not give the output at 4,000 rpm.

Re: the battery powered jackets, ther is no reason to do this while sitting atop a gasoline powered generator.

Re: the battery powered jackets, ther is no reason to do this while sitting atop a gasoline powered generator.

How about when I want to walk the wife near the forest?.... :rolleyes:
I'd like to buy a battery-operated jacketliner and gloves if possible.
Anyone here with experience on these?
Gerbing seems to have some.

I will say that I stay very warm while riding My Goldwing. On some below freezing days, I have stopped to turn the heat down.
I went with this heated gear so I could use it on my tractor and 4-Wheeler for plowing snow.
Money well spent, in my opinion.

Do you also heat up your helmet too? Winter here in Canada is a no joke. We could have as low as -40C and with windchill might make it worse.
What about winter tires?
I am always curious if I could find a way to do it. So far, winter is a no-ride for most Canadians.

No, I just wear my full face helmet when it gets cold. So far all my winter riding has been on a full-fairing GL1200 Goldwing. With the +4 windshield very little air hits me.
-40C/F. Screw that! I'm staying home with a log on the fire and the wood furnace on max!
When it gets below 10*F / -12.2*C, I start thinking about the pick up or Van with the heater on high. I have rode in at 8*F before on the GL1200, but the NC will be a lot
colder than the wing.
I will see how I fare on the NC this winter. If I can't handle it, I will ride the GW.
I won't ride if the roads aren't clear of ice and snow.

If they only knew how warm good electric gear is, they wouldn't be laughing. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Back