• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A break for the snow bound

Great video, thanks. You ran that poor car off the road. Shame, shame. Hey, you even have blue sky now. I remember the first time I saw the LA basin. Was moving from Washington state to Pasadena in summer of 1970. When we came off the Grapevine you couldn't see the valley floor, only brown haze covering the entire greater LA area. We arrived the first week of August and did not see the San Gabriel mountains until it rained sometime in October. People kept telling us there were mountains there but we didn't believe them until we actually saw them. All the smog regulations CA has implemented over the years has really helped. Coming from Washington state my wife and I laughed when we saw signs reading "Angeles National Forest." A forest should be full of trees, not large clumps of sagebrush. Then again, you do get to ride year around, so you get the last laugh.

Thought I would post a short video of a recent ride for those of you who can't ride right now. This is a portion of my ride across the San Gabriel River Road, East Fork Road and Glendora Mountain Road. Hope you enjoy it.

GMR Edited 12 13 13 - YouTube

4.jpgVery good video. The only mountains around me are called Skyscrapers.

smileyHappyEyes.jpg

Last edited:
Very good video. The only mountains around me are called Skyscrapers.
I have friends with a fear of heights that avoid your freeway overpasses. Stacking then 8 levels up gets pretty tall. Cloverleafs aren't good enough for Texas.
cover_5F00_front_5F00_highres_5F00_300.jpg

Nice video,looks like a whole lot of fun on that road.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the video. I would enjoy riding somewhere like that. I've put a lot of miles in this weekend but it is all heavily wooded terrain around here. Its nice when you can see a little ways ahead.

The east fork road looks like it needs some TLC. Was it very bumpy and the camera was compensating or maybe the NC just handled it well?

This is how I cope when the snow keeps my NC in the shed:

Indy400.jpg

Gotta tell ya, I think my '86 Indy would beat my NC in a 0-50 mph race.
Only has 400cc's, but rated with more horsepower than our bike.
On a well packed trail, I better be holding on when I give 'er the juice!

Without a doubt though, I sure miss the NC every time I'm forced to take my
F 150 somewhere. I noticed how clear the roads were on my way back from town
today, and thought: "If I had kept full coverage on my bike, I could be riding right now."
-And then I remembered that the highest HI for the next 4 days is predicted at 12F. :eek:

On a side note: This snowmobile I paid $400 for 3 years ago, has VERY effective heated hand grips, but my NC doesn't.
Go figure!

Last edited:
Back